New MSN - Problems?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Charmed, Nov 20, 2006.

1. Charmed

Charmed Active Member

I upgraded to the new MSN the other day, didn't have any problems at that time. Tried to sign in today and it won't let me. Anyone else having problems signing in, or is it just me! :mad:
  2. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

- you're not having much luck with PCs at the moment, are you?
  3. Charmed

Charmed Active Member

Tim is currently trying to install Norton anti-virus software on the 'infected' PC and he keeps having to clear and reboot, because of all the infected 'thingys'. But, just can't live without them can we? ;)
  4. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

Have you just upgraded your AV software too? The last time I had problems was because my AV firewall was preventing me from connecting to https websites, which includes MSN.
  5. Charmed

Charmed Active Member

And in English? LOL! Why does everything have to be SO complicated! :biggrin:

How would I know if this was the problem? And how do I alter it if it is? :oops:
  6. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

7. Charmed

Charmed Active Member

No problems with this, displayed straight away.
  8. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

OK, so it isn't exactly the same problem that I had, although it could be similar. Try disabling the Norton Software (in particular the firewall part of it) for a minute and then try to connect to MSN while it is disabled. If it then displays OK, then it is a problem with your firewall. If it makes no difference, then it's a problem either with the MSN install, or another (as yet undetermined) problem with the PC.
  9. Charmed

Charmed Active Member

Thanks for trying Dave, but you know what? I'm In! :clap: I decided to disconnect the internet, reconnect, and it let me sign in! How's that for a person who has limited knowledge of the ins and outs of the computer!

Sometimes it just takes a simple thing to resolve problems. I should try and remember that for other problems! :biggrin:
  10. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

Ah, the old reboot trick! :clap: Well done!
  11. Sopha

Sopha Active Member

Weldone! was gonna say ive had no problems signing into Msn!
  12. Flutey

Flutey Active Member

I have had occasional problems, but not sure that it's to do with the new msn. I think it's just an error that sometimes occurs, rebooting the internet is the best solution for me!
  13. caramelbunny

caramelbunny Member

we downloaded new msn on laptops last week and it keeps doing strange things like ot letting us sign in, and then when it does saying there's noone on our contacts list :confused:...not sure if it's connected but we're also having major probs with the wireless connection now too :(