New Moulded Cases (Eb Bass)

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by m.f.cooper, Apr 18, 2015.

1. m.f.cooper

m.f.cooper Member

Hello tMp

I have a very old tuba (1920s Boosey & Co.) whose original case has completely collapsed into nothing-ness. I would love to find a way of getting a proper moulded hardcase, with wheels!!

Does anyone know of a company or individual who does this kind of thing?

2. Matthew

Matthew Active Member

3. 2nd tenor

2nd tenor Active Member

Wessex were the first people to my mind too. I wonder about Packers in Taunton, Mr Tuba (who advertises on this site) and Reeves Brass (he may well be able to get one for you).

Please do let us know how you get on so that others can benefit from what you find out. Decades ago I used to play a small Eb Bass :) and would happily double on one again, the Eb Bass seat's a great place to be.
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2015
  4. Cornet Nev.

Cornet Nev. Member

Bit of a shame this as an old and no longer required tuba case had been gifted to me if it could be put to some use. Although some slight damage due to age if noting else it was in reasonably good condition. However having not found a good use for it, and the fact it was getting in the way, I threw it away some months back. Another of those "If only I had known" situations.
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2015
  5. pbirch

pbirch Member

there are moulded cases by Jakob Winter on eBay for about £550-600
  6. JDH

JDH Member

Wessex have Eb case in stock for tuba with up to 17" bell at present for special reduced price of only £95
    ROBTHEDOG likes this.