New Members per Day

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by lynchie, Nov 6, 2003.

1. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

Feeling a bit bored... wondered if there was any way of working out a new members per day average for tMP as it seems like every day there are 3 or 4 new members!

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    members
    way
    day average
    tMP
    New Members
  3. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Here you go lynchie, you might find this interesting... :)

[​IMG]

4. Keppler

Keppler Moderator Staff Member

John, the real question is what the hell were you doing up at 6:57 am (besides starting tMP.com) ??

5. TheMusicMan

:oops: :oops: sad eh! but come on, I was all excited and enthused about starting off the best brass forum on the web... :wink:

6. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

:eek: That's impressive! Nearly four people joining every day... so it'll only take 25,000 days before there's 100,000 members! That's only 68 years! No worries!

7. TheMusicMan

... meaning... :?

8. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

brass bands will probly be dead by then ;)

9. Cantonian

Cantonian Active Member

HERESY Aidan. You could have been burnt at the stake in years long ago for less than that.

10. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

No! I predict soon that brass band music will be the new black and the members per day will shoot through the roof, and musicman will start charging a subscription and become an internet millionaire!

11. TheMusicMan

Sure I might introduce some additional services such as the Sponsorship Banners and tMP goodies, but as I have said before, what you get now will ALWAYS be free - no subscription for tMP.... :):):)

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    members
    way
    day average
    tMP
    New Members
  13. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

Good man! Fight the machine! Down with capitalism! :D

14. TheMusicMan

...would love to be that Internet Millionaire you predict though... :) and don't worry - if that happens, I'll remember you all... :wink:

15. Seedhouse

Seedhouse Active Member

Which i'm incredibly grateful for. Thanks musicman :wink: and it is the best forum on the internet!!
    Is there any limit on the size tMP can be? Does it get bigger as more and more posts/ people are on it???
    Hope that if there is a limit, tMP won't have to be closed when it becomes massive!!!!!! :cry: :cry:

16. Keppler

Keppler Moderator Staff Member

It isn't so much the physical size that can be a headache, Alex, but rather the large amount of bandwidth that something as successful as theMouthPiece.com generates.

I'm been reliably informed that theMouthPiece.com accounted for almost 20GB worth of internet traffic in October alone.

17. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

oo that's a lot! and it's not even like people have big pictures in their signatures!

this thing's pretty big eh?

18. TheMusicMan

No limits, but just as Keppler pointed out, it is all about bandwidth which is really all about how many files were passed from where tMP is located to the real world each month.... and 20GB is a massive amount of traffic to use.

I'm delighted at the success of tMP as you can imagine - just means I might have to continue to upgrade to a more superior level of service provided by my webhost... so, keep those requests for tMP sponsorship banners coming in, every penny helps... last weeks development work alone cost more than a years hosting!!!

john