Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by cornyandy, Jan 9, 2010.

1. cornyandy

cornyandy Member

Hi All

I'm Andrew a cornet player who has just got a trumet as well. I paly an old besson 600 which believe it or not is my pride and joy. I've just got a John Packer 215sw trumpet and I love it. I'm returning to playing after a ten year absence.. I live in Holme on Spalding Moor in deepest antarctica sorry East Yorks. At the moment I am band less just getting my chops to remember what they are doing. I'm going to start making mouthpiece enquiries for the trumpet before long so get ready to tell me there's no magic mouthpiece (I know) I'm also very wordy sorry guys

Andrew

2. The Wherryman

The Wherryman Active Member

Hi, Andy. Welcome to tMP.

Oh, and before I forget, there's no magic mouthpiece :rolleyes:

I'm told there used to be one, long long ago, but the Wicked Witch of Practice stole it and, until everyone pays homage to her, she won't bring it back.

3. steve butler

steve butler Active Member

Ayup Andrew, I drive throw Holme on Spalding Moor regularly on the way to my mums at Huggate, it's even wilder up there!
    Welcome to tMP, they like wordy wordsmiths on here. Who do you blow your trumpet with? In fact who do you blow your cornet with as well?

PS I think the 'Wicked witch' goes under the name of Towse1812 (or summat) on here :D

4. towse1972

towse1972 Active Member

Hee-hee-heeeee! (stirring cauldron!)
    My son lives up on those there wolds. It's a gorgeous place to live. I know Driffield are looking for players at the moment.
    Take no notice of Butler...He's one of these silver surfer types! Cant even remember my name properly...It's the dementia!

5. steve butler

steve butler Active Member

:biggrin: Just the inspiration needed for my latest avatar my wicked friend.

Now, where did I put those false teeth?

6. towse1972

towse1972 Active Member

Lololololol! That wasn't what i had in mind at all....xx

7. cornyandy

cornyandy Member

Okay guys

At the moment I'm sans place to play. I'm working hard with a phd student and teacher in York to get some form back mainly on trumpet, Arbans and Clark work. I've only got back to playing about a month or so ago. So I want to get a bit of form back (couple of months I hope) before I start looking for a band / orcheststra to ply my limited talent in. Bet it is wild at Huggate, I used to live at langtoft

Andrew

Last edited: Jan 9, 2010
  8. Good to see you on here.

9. jockinafrock

jockinafrock Active Member

Hi Andrew - Look forward to reading your posts! :hi

10. cornyandy

cornyandy Member

Jock in an Frock in Shropshire Hmm that sounds an interesting one

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Andrew
    Hi All
    sw trumpet
    guys Andrew
    deepest antarctica sorry East
  12. StellaJohnson

StellaJohnson Active Member

Welcome to tmp
    jocks, they are everywhere, ESPECIALLY ONES IN FROCKS!!

13. She is an interesting lady. You will enjoy her posts.

14. cornyandy

cornyandy Member

Curiouser and curiouser said Andrew

15. Robhibberd29

Robhibberd29 Active Member

Hullo Andy...Holme on Spalding Moore? Drive through there regularly on the way to Brid to see the folks. It's not a lucky place for me. Two car breakdowns, a car full of vomit, a bird strike on the windscreen and a speeding ticket by a very craftily parked police van. I must start going via Beverley instead!

16. cornyandy

cornyandy Member

Hi Rob,

I know its off brass topic but watch yourself for speed vans around Howden and on the road between Howden and Shiptonthorpe roundabout (also funny little yellow moble cameras)

Cheers

Andrew

17. jockinafrock

There are more of us than you think... ! ;) There's no wall big enough to keep us out!!! :biggrin:

18. cornyandy

cornyandy Member

Dear Fiona,

I have a History degree and I can asure you Hadrian got the plans upside down it was a canal to link the Solway to the Tyne

Andrew

19. jockinafrock

My dad was an infiltrator and was born in Hebburn, so I reckon that was his way of getting Jocks in.... ;) It's a take over bid...! :D