Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by tuba1974, Aug 14, 2007.

1. tuba1974

tuba1974 Member

WE i,ve manged to get on, just a line to ask is there any brass playing bus drivers, lets see if we can make a band on paper , lets me know what you play

2. sop 1

sop 1 Member

i used to drive buses! still got my lisence does that count.
    play soprano btw

3. Di

Di Active Member

Hi and :hi to tMP. :)

I would like to drive a bus, one of those cute little ones that nip round town. Will do if I ever find myself out of my current job, so I may come back to you later. ;)

4. imthemaddude

imthemaddude Active Member

Yea I know one too

5. Bryan_sop

Bryan_sop Active Member

Our second Euph drives coaches and tour busses, think he said he was touring with Motorhead recently?

6. lucretia

lucretia Member

There's certainly a couple of bus/coach drivers in Aldbourne band, but I don't know if they're on tMP.

7. simonbassbone

simonbassbone Member

Ah yes, the famous Euph solo in Ace Of Spades:biggrin:

8. Hi

right, this is complicated:
    y PIANO teacher used to play TROMBONE in a band and now owns 3 DOUBLE-DECKER BUSES

9. Aussie Tuba

Aussie Tuba Member

I have a Bus license out here in Aus but only Drive 20 seater from time to time. I play EEb

10. Red Kite

Red Kite Member

I drive a Bus .... its an A320

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    WE
    ve manged
    paper
    band
  12. VB17c

VB17c New Member

Well - I'm a train driver which I suppose these days is more or less a bus on rails....
    Just got back to playing regularly after family illness forced me to take a 2 year break.

13. John Brooks

John Brooks Well-Known Member

Rob Beasy, recently retired from the Melbourne Staff Band, I believe owns a bus comoany and has often driven the bus for bands visiting Australia. Rob was principal cornet in the MSB for many years.

14. Bass Trumpet

Bass Trumpet Active Member

I'm not a coach/bus driver, but this thread reminded me of the band I played in as a wee sprat. There were no less than 7 PSV licence holders in the band, with a few more in the supporters club!

The band was supported by one of the big companies in the village which just happened to be a coach firm! The company was run by the band chairman, who also made sure his drivers who were also bandsmen were never timetabled to work on a band job!

15. P_S_Price

P_S_Price Member

I Drive a Bus though the Dynamics of any piece that I play. Does that count?