Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Flyingblue, Nov 23, 2006.

1. Flyingblue

Flyingblue New Member

just thought I would introduce myself, as I have only just joined. 70yrs old and still playing 2nd cornet with Cardiff Canton Sa Band and enjoying it very much.

Just been up to BiC in Gatehead for the first time, and what a great time we had. Some great playing nices hotel and very friendly people, we can recommend the contest. We attend as many events as we can, we were at the the first US open in Chicago.

John R

2. tpcornet12

tpcornet12 Member

Hey John, it's great that you still love banding at 70. I'm not suggesting that 70 is very old btw :wink: Tell me, how long have you been in banding? Is it something you've been involved with all your life? Have you ever taken a break from it etc? It would also be interesting to know who has the most years served to the movement.

3. Cantonian

Cantonian Active Member

Welcome, John. It's about time you made this post!:clap:

4. Flyingblue

Flyingblue New Member

Hi Mike, I have a long way to go catch up with you.

John R

5. Flyingblue

Flyingblue New Member

Hi,
    I have been playing since I was 8, mot always in the Sa band as I was in the RAF 22yrs, though I played in RAF Voluuntary Bands.
    There are lots around who have been for alot longer than me. It would be very interesting for oldest player to send ina msg