Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Laserbeam bass, Feb 20, 2005.

1. Laserbeam bass

Laserbeam bass Active Member

I would like to welcome the newest forum member but with a user name like I_hate_Bb_Bass well there is one phrase that springs to mind but would be edited by the mods. If this person is a Bb bass player then make it's even worse. If they're not then in the immortal words of Noah GFM.

2. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

maybe theyre being forced to play it an they dont like it?

3. Laserbeam bass

Fair point,but with all the hard work the BBb bass players of this forum have put in to get the recognition we deserve, someone comes up with a name like that, I just can't abide it. Still each to their own. I might change my user name to "I hate cornets" and see how many death threats I get;)

4. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

why, do you hate cornets?
    what about Eb basses i dont see how you can hate Bb basses but not Eb basses seeing as theyre kinda simalar.
    Why dont you get recognition?

5. HBB

HBB Active Member

(you'd have quite afew people behind you LBB!)

6. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

I'm with the engine room on this one. Friendly inter-sectional rivalry is one thing, but I_hate_intrument_X is just inflammatory.
    BMB
    xx

7. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

what does im in the engine room mean an what does inflammatory mean?
    Tis a bit of a strange thing to put as your name as when you know theres gonna be Bb bass people on here!

8. Laserbeam bass

I don't hate cornets I was just using another instrument as an example of the kind of reactions that it can cause when one instrument is singled out for abuse.

Eb and Bb basses similar :eek: what sort of band do you play in. BBb bass players are genetically deformed and have hair growing out of their necks ( so my conductor tells me, I haven't had the heart to tell him I haven't shaved for two weeks LOL), to allow for the extremely loud extremely low notes. EEb bass players get all the fluffy stuff and every 7th or 8th piece a little solo

HBB :clap: still it was as above and not menat intentionally to all cornets / cornet players.

BMB Thanks

9. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

Good cos cornets are nice.
    An i meant the instruments not the players.
    An David isnt genetically deformed!
    What dya mean fluffy stuff?

10. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

The bass section as a whole is sometimes referred to as the engine room because it "drives" the rest of the band. LBB has it on his profile, and I was agreeing with him. Clear as mud?
    Inflammatory means something can be easily set on fire, but can also mean something very annoying and likely to upset/annoy people. :)
    BMB
    xx

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    I_hate_Bb_Bass
    u=4001
    Noah GFM
    url
    user
  12. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

mud int clear but yes thank you :)

13. luke

luke New Member

what is wrong with playing Bb bass i play it and love playing my Bb

14. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

he never said there was anything rong with playing Bb bass

15. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

I have to agree with my learned brother in bass Laserbeam Bass. It is too easy to dismiss what happens in the depths. I can only assume this person does not understand the instrument and the special bonding that occurs in the Engine Room!!!!

16. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

17. Jamie

Jamie Member

Anyone h'actually know who we're on about?! [​IMG]

18. sevenhelz

sevenhelz Active Member

hee i love Bb basses, players and instruments, its so fun watching a teeny cornet player grow into a great huge bass player in the space of a month or two :) no but seriously, yeah. ^i agree
    xx

19. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

think so:biggrin:

20. Laserbeam bass

Amen

21. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

b.t.w. also welcome to our 4000th member: gRaCiE_Ru

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one