New MD to take Hitchin to the Area

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by davem1995, Feb 22, 2005.

1. davem1995

davem1995 Member

Hitchin Band are pleased to confirm the appointment of Martin Hurrell, assistant principal trumpet with the BBC Symphony Orchestra, as Musical Director to take them to the Regional Competition in March.

The position became vacant following the departure at Christmas of our previous MD due to work commitments.

Martin, who has been in residence since January, has taken on the position purely for the area contest. Due to his BBC orchestra and other commitments, he is unfortunately unable to take the position full time.

Hitchin Band will be looking for applications to fill the vacancy on a permanent basis for after the area.

Further details on Martin Hurrell and his appointment can be found on the band web site http://www.hitchinband.co.uk

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    MD
    Area
    Hitchin
    B
    work commitments
  3. davem1995

davem1995 Member

New MD takes Hitchin Band to the Area.... take two

Due to a problem at our (now previous :hammer !) web host, you may not have been able to get to our web site since this message was first published....

I've moved the hosting to a more reliable one so everything should be running smoothly again now :clap: .

Of course, if anyone finds it's not..... please let me know.

4. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Hey Dave - if you have further webhosting trouble, you could always try tMP hosting... and... you'd be supporting tMP to boot...:)

I recently helped Kaz (HorniKaz) over at Hoover Band Bolton set up their site as they had a few new domains in need of hosting and wanted it set up pretty quick. Once we were on to it [Kaz & I), it took around an hour or so to go-live. Check out http://www.themouthpiece.com/vb/showthread.php?t=12716
    :biggrin: