New MD sought by 1st Section Foresters Brass 2000

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by DanB, Sep 9, 2009.

1. DanB

DanB Member

Dear all,

I've placed the following press release on 4BR and would welcome applicants for the position of Musical Director at Foresters Brass 2000. We're an ambitious young band at the top of the Midlands' 1st section. We rehearse in Leicester on Tuesday nights... If you're interested in finding out more, or applying for the job, please PM me or Email me on Remuneration is available at a rate depending on experience / background - again, please contact me for details. Would be good to hear from you by 20 September.

Foresters to lose Collins to the long arm of the law...

The dynamic young conductor of Foresters Brass 2000, Pete Collins, has announced he is swapping his baton for the Bar: Not the type of bar normally associated with brass bands though - he’s embarking on a new career as a barrister.

Pete recently passed his first year of studies at Nottingham Law School, and as his huge pile of text books arrived to welcome him into his second year of distance-learning studies, he decided it was time to cut back on some of his many commitments.

He said: “I have had the most wonderful 7 years conducting the band, and it’s been a privilege to work with such committed, passionate players. It’s been particularly rewarding to watch some of the younger players develop. I am very sad to be leaving Foresters, but in order to fulfil my own long-term aims, I had to make the difficult decision to cut down on my own workload to concentrate on my studies”.

The band has now placed an advert on 4BR looking for a new Musical Director, though Chairman Dan Baker says he’ll be a hard act to follow: “Pete has taken the band by the scruff of its neck and steered us from the 3rd section to the top few of the 1st section. His passion and commitment, his professionalism and his fast work ethic have helped our young band to progress and we are all enormously sorry to see him go, but fully understand and support his decision.”

2009 has been a good year for Foresters so far with a 4th in the Area and a 6th at Butlins. And there is plenty more to look forward to in the coming months, including a gig in Salford Cathedral and the Wychaven contest, where the band has an excellent track record.

Pete Collins will undertake his final engagement with the band in October.