New MD at Winchcombe Concert Brass

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by GingerMaestro, Feb 10, 2009.

1. GingerMaestro

GingerMaestro Active Member

Martin Musto is the new MD at the Winchcombe Band.

Winchcombe Concert Brass has announced the appointment of Martin Musto as their new Musical Director.

Helping out

Martin has been helping the band out over the last few years on the cornet bench as well as maintaining his position with the West Mercia Police Band on Principal Cornet.

'I have worked with the band as a player and as a conductor over the past few years and have thoroughly enjoyed the experience'

~ Martin Musto

Stand in

He was asked to stand in to conduct the band on a number of occasions when Bernard Morgan the bands previous conductor was absent.

With the departure of Bernard Morgan due to other musical commitments the committee approached Martin to see if he would take up the MD position on a permanent basis and he a duly accepted.

Great pleasure

Martin commented to 4BR: "It was with great pleasure that I accepted the position. I have worked with the band as a player and as a conductor over the past few years and have thoroughly enjoyed the experience".

He added: "I look forward to building on the good work that Bernard has done with the band."

Courtesy of 4Barsrest.com

2. davethehorny

davethehorny Member

Martin - best of luck to you and Winchcombe Concert Brass

It would be great to see them back competing again sometime in the future.

If you ever need a dep let me know

3. GingerMaestro

Thanks Dave

Contesting maybe a while off yet but I will be working hard with the band to get some new players into the bandroom and hopefully build up the performance standard to somewhere near to where they were when they were contesting on a full time basis.

I will take you up on the offer of depping...maybe sooner than you think.

I hope that includes the rest of the family as well...Pleeeeeeeease

4. Sop_Or_Bass?

Sop_Or_Bass? Member

Wishing you and Winchcombe every success, Martin.

5. GingerMaestro

Thanks Neil

and thanks to all the other good luck messages I have recieved

6. MattEarl

MattEarl Member

Good luck Martin, whilst we are pretty busy with the new arrival, we are always happy to take a call if you need us too...

7. GingerMaestro

Thanks Matt

Congratulations too on the new member of our family

I hope Mum and Baby are both well and Dad of cause...we always get left out :)