New MD at Welwyn Garden City Band

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by SteveT, Oct 13, 2006.

1. SteveT

SteveT Member

Welwyn Garden City Band would like to officially announce the appointment of Stephen Tighe as their professional Director of Music.

Many will know Stephen as a conductor and band trainer of some distinction, as well as a regular adjudicator. He has many years experience as a former professional trombonist and has played for many top class band. He has conducted now for over 20 years and his successes with bands such as Freckleton / Moston & Beswick / Bedford Band Leigh / Ever Ready / Carlton Main / Dobcross and many others in the North are well recorded.

He and his wife Caroline have moved south to Northants for family reasons and he has already made a dramatic difference to the way the band thinks and has brought a touch of musical class to the band room. His skill as a band trainer has enlivened the band and former members have re-joined.

He has given guidance to the band in terms of it's management and ambitions and is determined to make a mark in the Southern region.

" I am looking forward to working with players with such a positive mental attitude and determination to succeed". "I am sure their commitment and my experience and knowledge will move us forward at quite a pace!"

"We need to strengthen up here and there, but I am feeling very confident."

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Stephen Tighe
    Band
    MD
    appointment
    Director of Music