New MD at Northumbrian Water Ellington Colliery

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by Sparky, Dec 17, 2009.

1. Sparky

Sparky Member

The band is delighted to announce that Jonathan Fenwick is their new MD. In 4barsrest's recent review of the most promising young conductors they said 'Jonathan Fenwick is a chip off the old Ray Farr block in many ways, and equally as talented too - and could make just as big an impression on the contesting scene in the North East.
    Bold and animated, but very musical and even a touch fearless in approach, there is a refreshing air about his conducting on the contest stage.
    There is an impressive directness about the way in which he goes about his work, and although he has yet to taste high profile contesting success he is certainly a talent to watch out for.'
    The band is extremely pleased that they have engaged such a talented MD.
    Jonathan has been with the band since early November and a great partnership has already been forged between him and the band. We are looking forward to working with Jonathan in the long term and to translate the current level of performance in concerts to the contest platform.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Jonathan Fenwick
    Northumbrian Water Ellington Colliery
    band
    success
    contesting scene
  3. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

Several posts deleted after reports from a number of members today.

Folks (and one person in particular - you know who you are...) please do not use other bands' news announcements to air your personal grievances. Thanks.

4. piston

piston Member

Freedom of speech is a bold liberty to take

Mr Piston - I suggest you familiarise yourself with the tMP rules which can be found here - especially the bit about 'Derogatory comments about members or non-members' (Rule 2 (c)).

We have spent a significant amount of time chasing and deleting your posts around here this afternoon after several (and I really mean several) members reported them. Whilst I'm quite happy for you to continue making yourself look like an idiot I ask you respectfully to do it on your own turf and not in another bands press release.

Thank you in anticipation.

Ian
    (WoodenFlugel)