New MD at Barnsley Building Society Band

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by geordiecolin, Jan 7, 2004.

1. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

John Hopkinson is back at BBS for a third time.

Barnsley Building Society Band are pleased to announce that John Hopkinson has agreed to join as MD as from 1st Jan. John has had a long history with the band, being principle cornet for 10 years in the 80's & MD in the 90's. John left his old band (Stannington) just before Christmas, and wishes them every success in the future. BBS band look forward to working with John once again

(From www.4barsrest.com)

The Band is pleased to announce that we have secured the services of John Hopkinson as the band's new Musical Director.

We look forward to working with John in the future

(From www.bbsbb.co.uk)

2. ukdrummerboy

ukdrummerboy Member

Will he be conducting you at the Stocksbridge band club on Sunday night?

3. geordiecolin

I would imagine so, although i've not had a rehearsal yet since the change cos I've been at home in Northumberland. We be able you tell you after band on Thursday night.

4. timbloke

timbloke Member

From what Emma says he will.

Hope you do well under John, in the short time both he and i were at Stannington I really enjoyed working with him. I can say we'll miss him.

5. geordiecolin

Yes Gavin, he will be conducting us at Band Club. I believe you'll be helping to build some sheds at the back for us?!

6. ukdrummerboy

ukdrummerboy Member

Indeed i will, i was asked last night. Any chance of PM'ing me the program for sunday night?

7. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

Hi Colin, hope your enjoying yourself at your new band :)