New MD appointed at Drighlington

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by winterman, Sep 6, 2006.

1. winterman

winterman Member

Following the recent departure of Shane Foster to pastures new in New Zealand, Drighlington Brass Band are pleased to announce the appointment of Kevin Belcher as their new Musical Director and Conductor.

Kevin comes to Drighlington from a long, successful, period with Knottingley Silver with a proven track record for success on both the concert and contesting arenas and has already shown his wealth of musical understanding and talent in the short period he has been in the role.

With the run up to Drighlington participating in the 1st Section National Finals at Harrogate later this month, the band has worked hard to audition and recruit the right person for the job and Kevins’ appointment has been warmly accepted throughout the band, with encouraging results already being produced. Thanks go out to all those who applied and auditioned for the post and the band wishes all of them well with whatever the future holds.

Drighlington wish Kevin a warm welcome and look forward to a long and prosperous future together.
  2. agentorange

agentorange Member

I'd just like to wish Kev and the Drighlington band all the best for the finals. We'll be in Harrogate to offer our support and to join him for a beer or three in the bar afterwards.

Best of luck.
  3. winterman

winterman Member

Thanks for that Neil, much appreciated..

Hopefully get to share a gallon or two with you myself, compare notes on what I can get away with on Solo Euph under the mighty Mr Belcher (very little I suspect) and so on :wink:.