New M.D at Knottingley Silver Band

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by agentorange, Oct 2, 2006.

1. agentorange

agentorange Member

Knottingley Silver Band have announced their choice of new Musical Director following the departure of Kevin Belcher. The new man is Robin Morgan LFAM ARCM FTCL, who stood in as temporary MD during the bands audition period. He played Solo Euphonium with Pennine Brass and was assistant MD to Ian Porthouse. He then left Pennine and was MD and guest conductor at a number of bands until ill health forced him to curtail his activities somewhat.

Neil Johnson, band manager, echoed the sentiments of the band when he said he was delighted with the appointment. "We had a number of high quality applicants for the MD post and i'd like to thank them for their interest, but Robin impressed us most. As well as his undoubted musical ability, it was his energy, drive and enthusiasm which stood out" said Neil.

The band are already working hard preparing a new programme of music under Robins leadership, for concerts at St johns Church, Wakefield on the 21st Oct and Wakefield Cathedral on the 28th.

"I'm enjoying working with the excellent musicians at Knottingley Silver and am looking forward to a new challenge" said Robin.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    M.D
    Robin Morgan LFAM
    Knottingley Silver Band Knottingley Silver Band
    Kevin Belcher
    Neil Johnson
  3. bumperman

bumperman Member

I'd just like to wish Robin and Knottingley Silver the best of luck for the future. I really enjoyed working under Robin at Crofton Silver Band and know exactly how much of a quality leader the guy is!

4. agentorange

agentorange Member

Thanks Rhys.

We're really enjoying playing under Robin's leadership, working hard but having fun too.

People seem to be enjoying coming to rehearsals again and that can only improve the standard of the band.

regards.

5. timbloke

timbloke Member

Can I second what has been said above. Robin is a fantastically enjoyable conductor to play under, having thoroughly enjoyed his time at Stannington and played many times whilst at Oughtibridge, I wish the band every success and hope you look forward to some great challenging music. Should you ever need a trombone/flugel he has mine and Yorkshirepuddin's number, and we'd both be more than happy to help out.

All the best.

6. markyboy

markyboy Member

Good luck to Robin at Knottingley. He made a great contribution during his time at Pennine and it was only the travelling from the far side of Wakefield to Huddersfield , combined with work commitments, that made things difficult for him to coninue with us.

Hope things go well !

7. trombone-john

trombone-john Member

An excellent choice!
    I'm sure the band will respond well to Robin, and I wish you all every success under his leadership.
    Give me a shout if you need any help with your forthcoming jobs.
    John.