New location for Yorkshire Youth Brass Band - NEW MEMBERS WELCOME!

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Masterblaster jnr, Feb 3, 2015.

1. Masterblaster jnr

Masterblaster jnr Active Member

The Yorkshire Youth Brass Band have a new venue for 2015 at Saddleworth School, High Street, Uppermill, Oldham. OL3 6BU, for their next gatherings on 7th February and 22nd March, 2015.

The YYBB are delighted to take the opportunity of holding our courses at Saddleworth School, the area is a real hub for brass bands and I am sure will prove central for people travelling to the YYBB.

These gatherings will lead to the first concert performance of the year at Leeds Town Hall as part of the Black Dyke Brass Festival on 17th May, 2015.

The day promises to be special with workshops for lower brass, horns, and cornet spotlight, led by Gary Curtin, Ben Dixon, Jonathan Bates and Richard Marshall. The highlight of the day is the Gala Concert at 3 pm where the Yorkshire Youth Band will have a solo spot whilst sharing the stage with Black Dyke... Alison Childs, Administrator, YYBB

The courses will be led by Professor Nicholas Childs, with tutors from Black Dyke including Richard Marshall, Gary Curtin, John O'Brien, Jonathan Bates, Zoe Hancock, Adrian Hirst, Matthew Routley and Adie Smith.

For further information about the Yorkshire Youth Band, please contact Alison Childs alison4horn@btinternet.com

"Everyone at Saddleworth school is looking forward to welcoming the Yorkshire Youth Brass Band. We hope that this will be the start of a long and fruitful relationship not only with the school but with the wider community of Saddleworth. I am genuinely excited to see the young musicians of Saddleworth and beyond take advantage of the opportunity to perform with this wonderful organisation and I look forward to seeing and hearing the band in action very soon." Matthew Milburn, Headteacher

"I am absolutely delighted to welcome the Yorkshire Youth Brass Band to Saddleworth School in the heart of the Yorkshire Pennines.
    This is fantastic opportunity for the young brass musicians of Saddleworth and beyond to come together and develop their skills with the incredible instrumental tutors of the world famous Black Dyke Band. Hosting the YYBB is a really exciting project for the area and the school - we are all really looking forward to future developments." Garrath Beckwith, Head of Music

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Yorkshire Youth Brass Band
    I
    Black Dyke Band
    Saddleworth School
    YYBB