New Iphone App

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by wilky, Sep 12, 2011.

1. wilky

wilky Member

Hi All

Im posting the below on behalf of a member of Fodens who has just designed a new Iphone app that may be of use to you or your pupils (musik termz)

'Ever been in a rehearsal and seen that long Italian/French/German word that you didn't know the translation of? Now's your chance to find out what they all mean.

Ever practiced a piece of music and found out you were going completely the wrong speed because you didn't understand the musical term. Not any more!!!!

Need to learn your scales for a music exam?? Easy!!!

Musik Termz gives you instant access to over 500 hundred terms and their definitions with no internet required. The app is split into 4 sections Tempo, Dynamics, General Terms, Scales and Key Signature for quick and easy reference.

The Key Signature section gives you the chance to revise the different major keys and their relative minors for all those all important theory exams.

The scales section has all major, minor and modal scales with accidentals to help prepare you for GCSE, Theory or musical exams!!!

The link to the app is http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/musik-termz/id460743374?mt=8

Enjoy!!!!!!!

2. tpcornet12

tpcornet12 Member

Cheers Mark, very useful app!

3. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Can he do it for Android too? We don't all own a phone just for the pose factor.;)

4. John_D

John_D Member

I was thinking exactly the same :)

5. worzel

worzel Member

My iPhone is the only phone I've ever had that is surprisingly good rather than a bitter disappointment.

The app looks like it could be very useful. One question, though. Do you have to scroll through hundreds of words using the spinning wheel (or "picker" as Apple calls them), or is there a search box in which to type what you're looking for?

6. phildriscoll

phildriscoll Moderator Staff Member

Or better yet, do it as a web page or application so that it will work on everything :)

7. Grasshopper

Grasshopper New Member

Hi

I have finally had my account verified by admin so i can now post on this thread.

Firstly thanks to Wilky for putting up the post, i owe you some Blue WKD's

In response

I will have a look and see if it possible for Android although i have never used that before (will keep you posted)

I am currently finding a way of implementing a search bar into the app to save people the time of scrolling through. (Some people like the feature and some would prefer a search bar so i will aim to please both in the next update)

Version 1.1 got verified and released late last night which included the addition of Major, minor and modal scales.

Thanks for the feedback and advice.

If anyone did purchase it could you please give it a review for me!!

Many Thanks

Richard

8. Grasshopper

Grasshopper New Member

PS

Didnt want to do it as a web page because i wanted all the information to be held locally on the phone without the need for internet in case of poor signal areas.

9. Grasshopper

Grasshopper New Member

I have recently released an app on the itunes store for Iphone and Ipod touch.

It is a simple app that tells you the definition of over 500 musical terms, scales, key signatures etc without the need for the internet.

Here's some more information.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

The app is called Musik Termz and is available on the app store now

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/musik-termz/id460743374?mt=8

Ta

EDIT: Threads merged: As this post included some screenshots I've merged them, but Classified Advertisements is the only is the place for a thread of this nature. Ian (WoodenFlugel) tMP mod.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2011
  10. worzel

worzel Member

How easy was the verification process, Grasshopper? I have an app near completion (and has been for months) which I am hoping to submit soon.

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Iphone
    German
    Hi All Im
    terms
  12. Grasshopper

Grasshopper New Member

I used the latest SDK which include verification in the archive builder.

If you need any help PM and i'll try and walk you through it. To actually load it to apple took me 17 hours to work out!!!!!!!!!!!!

Loads of little loopholes you have to make sure they are ok with etc

13. worzel

worzel Member

I might take you up on that if it proves difficult. But my question was aimed at Apple's "loopholes". I've read their guide, and made some changes already as a result.

14. Grasshopper

Grasshopper New Member

No problem, i've uploaded 4 different apps now so am starting to get my head around it.

15. winterman

winterman Member

Actually surprisingly simple nowadays.. If you use the HTML5 schemas they only need to connect to the site the first time and then the website can cache all of the data locally (this is how Spotify and Grooveshark et al. do it).

Also for cross platform development check out Titanium from Appcelerator (http://www.appcelerator.com/), cross platform development from single source ;)

I am working with it now on my revival of "the-library" project! :)

16. Grasshopper

Grasshopper New Member

Hi

If anyone on here did buy the Musik Termz app, could you please give it a review!

New update coming soon with a tableview for easier viewing in alphabet sections and more scales with key signatures as recommended!

Thanks

17. Grasshopper

Grasshopper New Member

Fodens Brass Band app now available on Itunes!!

Check it out

If anyone is interested in an app for their band/school/ensemble etc PM me and we'll have a chat!!!

Richard