New Here

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Ryan06, Apr 6, 2006.

1. Ryan06

Ryan06 Member

Hey everyone,My name is Ryan and as you can see..Im new here.
    I love brass banding music. I play baritone in the Salvation Army Glenmore Temple Band where we just recorded a cd last month. you can check out our website

Its good to find a place like this to talk about brass music. Hope to get to know you all.
  2. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

Welcome to tMP. I've only heard the Seattle Temple Band and Caribou Hill...but they were both quite easy on the ears.

How is banding in Calgary?
  3. Ryan06

Ryan06 Member

banding is doing pretty good in Calgary.
    Caribou Hill temple is a great band..I saw them a couple years ago when I was up there. We have about 42 players in the band I play in,they say were one of the top Salvation Army bands in Western Canada. Its a great time playing in the band,Im sure I will continue to do so the rest of my life.
  4. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Hi Ryan, great to have you here and thanks for your comments.

I have been to Calgary several times - and love the place. My wifes sister and hubby used to live there, then moved to Toronto, and are now in the process of moving to Seattle!

Hope you enjoy using tMP, and do help us spread the word to your friends and banding colleagues.

TIMBONE Active Member

I went to Calgary too, in 1970 with the band of the Duke of Edinburghs Royal Regiment. Loved the place.