New Gadgets

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Tack7, Jan 7, 2006.

1. Tack7

Tack7 Member

Being a bit of a gadget guy, i was wondering what gadgets you may have recently bought or even had as xmas presents. Ive noticed palm computers, laptops & mp3's being more & more common on band buses.
    My most recent gizmo was a present. Its a watch with mp3 player, built in microphone & USB port built into the strap for recharging, download & upload & has 256mb. Ideal for long bus journeys with band, look at the time then listen to some music.
    So, what have you got that might be worth investing in?

2. MickM

MickM Member

..........and that wind up torch came in very handy on new years eve when we were lighting those rockets! :clap:
    How's that wind up car of yours doing?
  3. Tack7

Tack7 Member

The Tack Truck is fine thanks Mick. Must say welcome back to Tuba club! May you remain loyal to said club, you know its the best section mate.

4. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

We've just updated one of our iPods to a 30Gb video model.

I also got a Robopet for Christmas which is quite cool. It has sight and sound sensors and when turned on will explore it own environment, you can also get it to do tricks and praise or scold him when he performs them
  5. MickM

MickM Member

Thank you simon!
    Yes!, i've learned my lesson, i'm a bass player till i pop my clogs.

You can't build a house without foundations, or can you imagine a pizza without a base, messy! so yes! best section for sure!

As for gadgets and gizmo's, no, not for christmas but i wouldn't mind a decent MP3 though, if you could recommend one!
  6. Steve

Steve Active Member

7. MickM

MickM Member

Hi Steve,

Don't know the anything about MP3's at all, but i would prefer quality over quantity, also not to bothered about video.
    Do these things record live music through mic's? I'm a believer in "you get what you pay for", so price will be accordingly!

8. Steve

Steve Active Member

Go for an iPod Mick, if its a case of paying a bit more for the best then I would recommend them (despite me going for a cheaper alternative).

They do record live music too, although I believe you need to buy an adaptor. There are loads of acessories as well to keep those pennies from burning a hole in your pockets and fill your time with hours of internet gadget searching.
  9. deave

deave Member

PSP's are the gadget daddy!!
    MP3, video, wifi-gaming, internet, file storage and mega mega gaming!!!
  10. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

No new gadgetry muself, but LittleBabyBadger's godfather Colin had a very cool new American iPod. You plug it into the back of the stereo and it broadcasts out on an FM channel so you can use your sexy big speakers. Only braodcasts up to about 10 feet.Not quite sure how it works (undoubtedly one of you gadget freaks will tell me. Please don't) but is apparently, um, not legal over here.
  11. Personally i love my pocket pc(and i do mean pocket size not one that doesnt fit in ya pocket) with sat nav on what more could you want!!!
    oh i do like my new mp3 player for the car with a funky remote just incase ur in the back i guess!!!
  12. Tromgod

Tromgod Member

I gotta agree with deave - the psp is the daddy!
  13. I got a wicked little pencil sharpner in my crimbo cracker! It has a sticker on it of a christmas tree and everything.

BEAT THAT!!!!!!
  14. Tack7

Tack7 Member

Wow i gotta have one of those pencil sharpeners Miss Marcroft. You thinkin of puttin it on Ebay?

15. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

That's exactly what you get for the person who thinks they have everything. Cool.
  16. Cantonian

Cantonian Active Member

Nothing high tech but as the only coffee drinker in the house, a Senseo coffee maker.