New Flugel signing at Black Dyke

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by TheMusicMan, Apr 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimmythesaint

jimmythesaint Member

Or string to her cap! He, he, he...

Sorry, I'm not helping!

2. Keith Stanley James Lever

Keith Stanley James Lever Supporting Member

Just out of curiosity is Alex still playing in the Nottinghamshire Band Of The Royal Engineers (TA).

3. SuperCat

SuperCat Member

Sorry, rather unfortunate choice of words maybe. You're right, loyalty is rare these days and people move on to other bands (even you!) often when the going gets tough and for lots of other reasons too. I've done it, most people have.

Re YBS, I don't think that anyone can argue with the area results of the last couple of years, they have struggled seemingly and are not just lacking polish. Next year they will be fighting relegation, Black Dyke won't be they are at the top end of the table not the bottom end.

Anyway, I have no axe to grind with Alex, I think it is a fantastic move for obviously a very talented girl. It just struck me as odd that for the reason of distance to name but one, she left YBS and has joined a band in the same ish area. I hope it works out well for both parties.

4. Congratulations Alex! :clap:

5. Maestro

Maestro Active Member

Don't think there was this much sniping when Robbie Savage left Birmingham for Blackburn, and he was universally hated at the time :biggrin: :biggrin: + <tongue in cheek type smiley>

6. cornetgirl

cornetgirl Active Member

Alex - if you're reading this don't get too upset about some of the comments. You fully deserve the seat you have and shouldn't have to justify it to anyone!

I've said my congratulations elsewhere but would like to add them again from one flugel to another!

And if Alex's move was the worst kept secret in banding it definitely didn't reach Lincolnshire (but then what do I know??? :) )

Rach x

(I'll run away now before I upset anyone!)

7. zante2

zante2 New Member

Have you been to a YBS concert recently? I heard them at Huddersfield Town Hall on Sunday and they were fantastic!
    Because you've heard a band twice in two years would hardly qualify you to make a comment like that!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2008
  8. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Alex - you deserve the position, and we all wish you the very best of luck with it. It's such a shame that some people on here wish to speculate negatively as to reasons why this or why that, please ignore any posts of this nature and be assured that most of the membership here will undoubtedly wish you the very best of luck with your new position.

On that count, we've had enough of the stupid bickering and petty snide comments in this thread. If my words offend those on whom the cap fits, then I'm afraid it's just tough. Personally I have had more than enough of people in the minority intent to spoil the enjoyment of what should be the majority of people in a united movement.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.