New Flugel signing at Black Dyke

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by TheMusicMan, Apr 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

NOTE: Folks - this thread is not going to be used for petty arguments, and "why did someone do this..." or "why did someone do that...?" type questions. As several have already mentioned, what anyone decides to do with their time is entirely up to them and really is nobody else's business.

So, please keep comments non offensive, on topic, and refrain from the rather childish petty arguing we've seen far too much of lately on tMP.

All off topic posts will simply be removed. Thanks.

2. leisa

leisa Active Member

God The poor women doesn't get any peace no matter what she does anyway, i vaguley remember everyone having a pop when she left YBS was it?! So what if she fibbed about the reasons for leaving YBS maybe its personal business, no one here knows!

Good luck anyway, Its good to see Dyke have managed to find a good replacement for Doyle :clap:

3. Masterblaster jnr

Masterblaster jnr Active Member

I heard her at Dyke's Brass Festival At the weekend and she sounded fantastic. Seems she's settled down nicely and the best of luck to her

It was nice to see John Doyle helping out with the Yorkshire Youth Band as well.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2008
  4. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

Thanks for your valued advice - well at least I would thank you if you had the balls to name yourself!

Scenarios change within family life and if they have for Alex & Simon that's their business and for them to justify to themselves not nameless, faceless people who by being so appear jealous.

In my non-northern, non-top section and therefore probably worthless opinion.

5. leisa

leisa Active Member

Yeah chunky, dago has played for Black Dike after all :rolleyes:

Another thought has anyone actually thought that she might be moving closer to yorkshire and that might be why shes joined them, not that she should have to justify herself. People on this site are far too quick to shoot other people down before getting the full story. Plus the fact everyone is skipping around, dyke are probably the best you can get, better than YBS duh (no offence to anyone from YBS but you cant really deny it can you?!)

6. Anonymous_user

Anonymous_user New Member

Congratulations Alex.

7. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

sigh, here we go again...

congratulations Alex, somewhat unfortunate PR though :tongue:
    all the best!

8. SuperCat

SuperCat Member

Originally Posted by leisa [​IMG]
    Another thought has anyone actually thought that she might be moving closer to yorkshire and that might be why shes joined them, not that she should have to justify herself. People on this site are far too quick to shoot other people down before getting the full story. Plus the fact everyone is skipping around, dyke are probably the best you can get, better than YBS duh (no offence to anyone from YBS but you cant really deny it can you?!)
    What's your problem with what Leisa put? She isn't having a go at Alex and is stating a fact, Dyke are far better than YBS are now. All the rats deserted the sinking ship and they have rebuilt, they just aren't quite there yet.

9. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

I've just had cause to delete a couple of insulting posts from this thread. Can I ask that in future we leave the petty insults and name calling for the kids in the playground please? Perhaps from now on we can discuss this sensibly like adults? (for a change)

Thanks.

Ian

10. Mr Guinness

Mr Guinness Member

Good luck Alex, and very well done.

I for one, don't give a monkey's about your motives. It's one heck of an achievement.
    And I would hazzard a guess, that even though you're now occupying a solo seat in one of the finest bands in the world, you're probably still a whole lot less arrogant than some other 'top' players I've experienced recently on tMp.

Congratulations!!!

11. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Couldn't agree more, well put.

I wish you Alex all the very best in your new position. You are a class player, and deserve success. Good luck to you.

12. sopboy

sopboy New Member

Congratulations Alex

I don't know what went on at YBS when you left? but it is history now and tomorrow is another day!

As for you people out there saying YBS are ****e by using different words,
    I would like to listen to you sat on stage with a top band on a principal position getting paid nothing and show everyone how good you are as you are no doubt better then all of YBS to comment like that.

Kepp going YBS, All the best for the future. :clap:

and lets not get off the subject well done again Alex. :tup

13. Paige

Paige Member

I dont think anyone was saying YBS were '****e' or not a good band just that black dyke were better, which from contest results is a fact, YBS are still a very good band.

Good Luck Alex! A brilliant signing for Black Dyke

14. leisa

leisa Active Member

I wasn't, if thats what you mean, I think YBS are a very good band, but as the post above says contest results proove Dyke are better, and I don't think anyone can blame Alex for wanting to be there whatever the reasons. If you read my other post carefully it states the same thing, maybe I worded it wrong, I probably shouldnt have commented seen as I'm not a qualified English lecturer.

I agree with Mr Guiness as well! :clap:

15. cherrybassett

cherrybassett Member

Congratulations Alex on your new position. You deserve it.

The time that you spent conducting us after leaving YBS was very good for us as a band and I know that the band gained experience through it and it is sad that your shoulder injury put pay to your conducting career so soon. I know that your circumstances have changed since leaving YBS and that you now have more available time than you had before, but at the end of the day what you do in your personal life is really of know concern to anyone else.

Good Luck with the move to Black Dyke.

Karen Cretney x x

Hopkins Blidworth Welfare Band

16. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

Nothing personal unlike her friend :p although many of us wouldn't take to your rat analogy very well either!
    I wouldn't say they were far better, just more polish. (not the nation before anyone quips :p)
    Just think it was an easy pop to take and not worded very well. Forgive me for being slightly overprotective of an old band, I guess loyalties die hard, what a rarity.

17. leisa

leisa Active Member

Forgive me for wording it not too well, perhaps i need to revise my gcse english :rolleyes: I didn't mean any offence to YBS (I even put 'no offence' see)

Also I don't think I put 'far' better just, like you said really, more polished

18. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

yeah that was the supercat's addition :p
    no worries leisa, see you in the pub at the next contest.

19. eckyboy

eckyboy Member

All the best Alex, cant believe the **** being spouted about changing bands. I do it frequently. You would think you were leaving Rangers to play for Celtic with all the bile being spouted. Get a life the lot of you as it's got nothing to do with any of you what she does to be honest.

20. Red Elvis

Red Elvis Active Member

I've never met Kerwintootle in the flesh , and have no connection with either Dyke or YBS , other than a profound respect and admiration for both bands.

Alex has been posting on and off on tMP for as long as I can remember , and as such I thought we'd have all been pleased to see her add another feather to her bow . Best wishes to her.

Phil

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.