New Flugel appointment announced by Virtuosi GUS Band

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by shawneuph, Apr 27, 2007.

1. shawneuph

shawneuph Supporting Member

The Virtuosi GUS Band are pleased to announce the appointment of Cliff Pask to the Flugel seat. Cliff brings with him a wealth of top level banding experience having previously played for Aveley and Newham and Redbridge as well as guesting for many of the top bands in the UK . Until last year Cliff was Aveley and Newhams Principle Cornet player where he led the band to both the 2006 area championship title and the 2006 Grand Shield title.
    Shawn Pagington in a statement to 4barsrest told of his delight in signing such a talented and experienced player. ` Cliff has worked with the band previously on both concert and recording work and there is no doubt that he is a very versatile player. We are delighted he has accepted the position of flugel with the band. I would also like to take this opportunity to thank Clair Tomalin for her contribution to the bands success over the last 3 and a half years and wish her all the best, following her decision to relinquish the flugel seat due to her own business commitments`.
  2. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Cliff's certainly getting around lately: solo horn with Becontree at Butlins, soprano with Soham at the Areas and now flugel with Virtuosi GUS. I'm sure he'll do a great job for you, and you've got a first-class sop dep if ever Rebecca is not around ;)
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2007
  3. TheMusicCompany

TheMusicCompany Supporting Member

Cliffy Pask - New Flugel signing

Fantastic news for the GUS Band Shawn! Really delighted you've secured such a great player. Thank you for your kind words too!

Best wishes to you and the other members. Rest assured, I'll remain one of the band's most avid fans and look forward to hearing you play some of the titles from The Music Company catalogue. :p

Take care for now,

Clair Tomalin