New Feature: tMP Auto Linker

Discussion in 'tMP Site News & Suggestions' started by TheMusicMan, May 29, 2006.

1. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

New Feature: tMP Auto Linker

This is a super new feature that is currently being tested, and will soon be implemented fully on tMP; where the system will identify certain pre-defined text within a thread or within a post, adding a description to it when you place your mouse over the top of it... like what you see in the title above.

This new feature will enable us to provide additional enhanced detail on a whole manner of subjects including contests, composers, test pieces etc.

The feature will be rolled out over time as we want to take care that we only add value to what we already have. Initially, we'll be creating entries and providing useful information for:
    • Contests
    • tMP Glossary
    • Test Pieces
    • Composers
    We are currently testing the functionality on tMP and may be amending attributes such as the appearance of how the text is displayed or the actual content of entries etc.

Currently this feature is only enabled in a few select categories on the site, but we will be broadening this soon as we complete the testing and add relevant entires. We are also looking into a method of allowing users to turn the feature on and off via their UserCP. I have also set a default that each entry will only appear once per post so if I type tMP Auto Linker again you'll notice that the feature isn't applied twice for the same entry, only once per entry. So, if I typed - tMP March - for example, you will see that the effect is applied, but not if I type the tMP March again...!!! :)

We hope you find this a useful feature and remember, feedback is always welcome.

2. Charmed

Charmed Active Member

Great idea John. Took me a while to actually understand what you meant but I am a bit slow :eek: . Found the auto linker to the tmp march really useful. Except I had my speakers on full, without realising, and got blasted away! :biggrin:

But yes, having 'hover links' over words is a good idea. More information this way, without having to search elsewhere for it.

Keep up the great work! :tup

3. Charmed

Charmed Active Member

Hah! Just found another 'pre defined text' in Windows of the World thread! Excellent!!!

4. TheMusicMan

Huh!! I didn't know there was any sound associated with this? What sound did you hear Sue?

5. Magic Flute

Magic Flute Supporting Member

Great idea!! (and explains a couple of threads I was on yesterday, when definitions of flugel and cornet came up!)
    Look forward to to learning more through it!

6. TheMusicMan

Thanks... yes, I forgot to mention this yesterday so my apologies for any confusion.

Don't forget to mention anything you feel would be good to have an entry for. You can see in the top post the categories we have already identified, but if you can see a use for more categories or entries in these categories, please do feed this back to us.

Always happy to help...:) especially when advising people to purchase the tMP March... heheheh

7. Magic Flute

Magic Flute Supporting Member

(No confusion!) Look forward to continuing my education on brass banding through it!

8. jingleram

jingleram Active Member

I believe she meant the sound of the scorch playback of the score when she clicked on it, as I did!

9. TheMusicMan

Aha... thanks for that... it hadn't clicked...:)

10. jingleram

jingleram Active Member

Just to be pedantic and point out, in the auto link to the tMP March faint-hearted is spelt feint hearted, not sure whether this is intentional lol, just thought i would let you know!

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    text
    feature
    B
    tMP Auto Linker
    care
  12. TheMusicMan

That's what it says already - unless one of the team has amended it before I got there?.

13. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

I think he means that faint-hearted is incorrectly spelt as feint-hearted ;)

14. jingleram

jingleram Active Member

To me it reads feint with an 'e' instead of faint with an 'a'.

15. TheMusicMan

OK, my bad then... all sorted:)

16. jingleram

jingleram Active Member

Lol I'm sorry John, I'm just one of those people!!

17. TheMusicMan

S'ok... no worries. Better to be right with these things.:clap:

18. Sopha

Sopha Active Member

thought i was the only bad speller Lol :tongue: ;)