New faces at Grange Moor

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by leisa, Oct 16, 2008.

1. leisa

leisa Active Member

New faces at Grange Moor

Grange Moor Band are pleased to announce the signings of Katherine Bentham Eastwood (Solo Cornet), Catherine Chadwick (Euphonium) and Stuart Haigh on Bb Bass.

Katherine Bentham Eastwood joins the band from Hepworth, strengthening our front row line-up in time for the contest season. Catherine Chadwick joins from Wetherby Band after a short break from playing due to maternity leave. Finally Stuart Haigh joins the band after having a short break from banding.

All the new signings are in place for their debut with the band at the Malton Contest on November 2nd.

Unfortunately the band have had to say goodbye to long serving solo cornet player Philip Evans, who leaves the band to study medicine at Sheffield University. The band wish Philip the best of luck and success in the future and hope he comes back to visit us!!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2008
  2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Grange Moor
    Katherine Bentham Eastwood
    Philip Evans
    Solo Cornet
    Bb Bass.
  3. Brassycornet

Brassycornet New Member

Congrats to you Grange Moor Band - that is my dad Leslie Boyles and his family from up theres old band - not sure if any family members left - hope so.

NIce to see you all doing so well Good luck at the contest

Helen Cutting (nee Boyles)
    Pleasley Colliery Welfare Band

4. silver surfer

silver surfer Member

Hi Helen,
    i am a relative of yours i am clarence boyles's grandson and yes there are still a couple of us keeping the tradition going.
    leslie was my g/dad's brother but i knew them as uncle leslie &auntie shirley!
    I saw leslie's son who plays Eb at whit fri a couple of years ago and we managed to have a chat but i have forgot his name.
    my brother also plays 3rd cornet and now my daughter plays cornet for sellers youth band at huddersfield and plays at gm on tues concert band so it would be good to hear how things are at nottingham.
    philip goodall(son of jean boyles)