New faces at Brackley

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by stevetrom, Feb 23, 2006.

1. stevetrom

stevetrom Well-Known Member

Towards the end of 2005, Brackley Band were unfortunate to loose a number of long standing key players. This left us with a number of vacancies to fill with the added pressure of the national qualifying contest looming.

We are pleased and very excited to announce that we are now back to full numbers, having filled all our empty seats with real quality players, and have a very strong band preparing for the March contest.

Carole Hook joins us on Solo horn and Wayne Mead on Flugel. Adam Glynn joins us on Ebb Bass along with Karen Swift on 2nd Trombone, Chris Cox on Solo Cornet Ali on 3rd Cornet and Andrew Lake on 2nd Baritone. Pete Church moves from the Baritone ranks, adding experience on Tuned Percussion.

2. Steve

Steve Active Member

Well done Steve, looks like you lot have had a busy close season over xmas!!! Best of luck at Burton to Jason and the rest of you, hope that dodgy old sop player isnt making too much of a nuissance of himself!

3. stevetrom

we keep trying to replace him but no one seems to want the chair !

4. the fish

the fish Member

Great news Steve!

Glad you guys have got a full band, I may pop up and have a listen if we don't have a practice.

Best wishes.

Julian

5. stevetrom

that would great, the takings over the bar are in need of a boost and I'm sure your presence would help immensely ;)

6. daveredhead

daveredhead Member

Hey less of the old!! dodgy i may be but never old,:rolleyes:
    Looking forward to areas, meeting up with a few friends(Yes i do have a couple,somewhere)and having a few drinks,
    Feels good to sit with a full band, good company and real bands people.

7. stevetrom

8. simonbassbone

simonbassbone Member

Good luck to my Little (???) Bro and all at Brackley.
    Got round to registering at last!