New face at Marsden

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by Cornishwomble, Jun 30, 2006.

1. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

Following the departure of Paul Dale to YBS, the Marsden (Riverhead Brewerry) Band are pleased to announce the signing of Chris Hoyle (TheCornetKing) on repiano cornet.

Chris joins the band from Emley where he was principal cornet. He has also played for Yorksire Co-op in the Championship Section. Band Manager Philip Lamb said: "We are delighted to welcome Chris to the band. He is a very fine player and will be a great asset to us."
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2006
  2. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

He is indeed a very fine player, and all of us at tMP wish him well in his new appointment. I am sure he'll be a tremendous assett to you.
  3. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Best of luck to both Chris and the band in your new partnership, and good to see that he comes with the blessing of his previous band.
  4. dyl

dyl Active Member

Yup - all the best Chris.

Nice to see you got his name right in this News submission too, as opposed to the one on 4barsrest:

5. The Cornet King

The Cornet King Active Member

Aye bit of a boo-boo on 4 bars rest somewhere! Thank you all for your kind comments.

I'm delighted to be joining Marsden band, and am very much looking forward to the challenges ahead, not least the National Finals in September and then of course an assault on the Championship section next year. I'm sure it will be a thoroughly rewarding and educational experience playing with Marsden.

I'd like to publically and formally thank everybody at Emley band for the last 7 or 8 months that i have played Principal Cornet. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time there and i can honestly say that you can't meet a nicer bunch of people. As Peter said above everybody at Emley have understood my decision and i know that i will remain great friends with everybody there and look forward to helping the band out in the future if and when required.

My last official engagement with the band will be a concert in Emley Parish Church on July 8 with Guest Soloist Michael Howley.

I know that Emley have a great future ahead, what with the 4th Section national Finals and promotion into the 3rd section next year and i wish them every possible success in the future on both the concert and contest stage.
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2006
  6. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

We at Emley have thoroughly enjoyed our period with Chris as our Principal Cornet, and would like thank him and wish him and Marsden every success in the future.

That's not to say we aren't gutted that he's leaving us, who wouldn't be, but still, we hope that they go on, and really become a force to be reckoned with in the Yorkshire Championship section.

Well done Chris, and thanks for everything you've done for us. :clap:
  7. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

That's because I edited the post before approving it :D
  8. Cornishwomble

Yes I will be slapping our band manager tonight, and next time I submit news I will not cut and paste until at least 1 shot of coffee!

Welcome to the band Chris and good luck to Paul Dale in his move to YBS
  9. Heppy

Heppy Member

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Paul Dale! I hear he's testing chairs for durability for IKEA now....
  10. Cornishwomble

Yeah I heard that, apparently he lost his job doing double glazing ;)
  11. Pauls a good lad and people really shouldn't be putting him down, coz lets face it, whatever he does outside of banding aint really any of our business is it. He's a local player in my area and has gone up through the ranks from 4th section all the way now up to 1 of the top bands in yorkshire, his efforts should be commended.

Good luck Chris, and good luck Marsden, replacing 1 good player with another. Good luck with the new 2 3rds of the trombone section aswell, hopefully Andy will lead them the same as he led his previous team.

All the best

12. Richard_Brigg

Richard_Brigg Member

13. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

I'd like to thank Chris for his Commitment and dedication over the last 7/8 months, he's been a star for us, And i'd like to wish him all the best in his future playing, and i'm sure our paths will cross again!!

Pete - Blessing? we're delighted that we're hunting for a principal cornet 3 months before a National contest? - Nope! Chris is a great guy and i wouldn't (and couldn't) stop him going for it!, Blessing? just an acceptance of our spot in the grand scheme of things. Whilst I dont' share Crawf's hopes of Marsden world dominance i don't wish them and ill will either, as we may well do the same to another band in the search for a replacement. I suppose it's a draw back of having such great players to work with that they create interest from higher sections.

Again many many thanks to Chris for his musicality and team work, and the lifts he gave Matt ;-) He's a top bloke and Marsden have got a star Rep player . . .

If you haven't met Chris and want the opportunity to do so, then why not pop along to our Gala concert, Sat 8th July, Emley Methodist church, 7.30pm. Micheal Howley (B&R) guest soloist! (Checky plug I know;-))
  14. Cornishwomble

Erm actually no-one was putting him down, he's well liked at Marsden and will be missed and Heppy is actually one of Paul's best mates. It was an affectionate joke made about a friend which I know Paul will find funny s he does have a sense of humour.
    Smeds knows him a lot better than you, after all you only know Paul cos he gave you a lift once!

Any way this thread is about Chris joining so lets not get sidetracked any more eh!
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2006
  15. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

Sure Roy, but not all people that visit this site will know Paul or Mark, or that they are good friends, so it is very likely that several people may have misinterpreted some of the comments made in this thread.

But like you said: let's try to keep this thread on its original topic!
    If anyone thinks that a certain post is in breac with the tMP rules, just report it to the mods (by pm or by the "report post" functionality) and we will discuss what to do about it. That's our job ;)

Chris, good luck at your new band!
  16. Cornishwomble

Well they do now, so we can put it to bed can't we. I do appolgise I know there is a lack of sense of humour amongst some, I will keep it in mind in future
  17. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member

Ck seems to be becoming a superstar! :) For those of you who do get the pleasure of meeting chris, it's quite entertaining correcting the "funny" way in which he speaks! ;)

Seriously tho, Best of luck at Marsden Chris, you will do well i'm sure and enjoy it!
  18. for your info roy, i had met paul on a few occasions in the past, just not as knowingly as when he brought me up to marsden

and if you read the rest of the post, you'll see i was actually very positive about it all, but yet again you only see 1 side of my posts roy
  19. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Please let's keep this thread on topic eh. Jan has already requested that this happens, and we don't want to end up locking the thread. Please keep future comments to the subject in hand.