New Euphonium with Trigger.

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by chrisjohnston, Jul 9, 2011.

1. chrisjohnston

chrisjohnston Member

Eastman UK have just introduced a fully compensating Euphonium complete with a main tuning slide Trigger.

Not that our Euphonium needs it, but due to many requests from people asking for this added function, it is now available to purchase on line.

At a very special price!!

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Euphonium
    Arial Black
    Eastman UK
    FONT
    added function
  3. hobgoblin

hobgoblin Member

Post some pics......let us behold the chinese euphonium shaped object in all it's glory!

4. chrisjohnston

chrisjohnston Member

Hi Strange statement! as most instruments are made in China now, if others were as honest as us.

Pics on web site

www.eastmanuk.co.uk

5. dyl

dyl Active Member

Hope you take more care in making your instruments than you do in posting your ads in the correct forums! ;)

6. toby hobson

toby hobson Member

What have they done to make the instrument not need a trigger? It is a problem never before cracked by a instrument maker,a compromise has always had to prevail which is why triggers became prevalent, first as a custom add on then as standard on upper end instruments........and if you truly don't need the trigger because the tunning issue that has bedeviled all Euph's from day one (we all know the notes) has been cracked, why put one on the instrument? Doesn't that just make manufacturing the instrument more expensive for your company for what would appear to be a pointless and redundant feature?!!

7. chrisjohnston

chrisjohnston Member

Hi Toby
    I am a Euphonium player and have been for many many years, I personally play the Eastman without a trigger and I don't have half of the tuning problems I had before with many other makes over the years.
    We only introduced a Trigger as possible new customers kept asking if we could provide one. Yes it makes it more expensive, but still a very competitive priced Euphonium. If customers wish to have a Trigger then we try to meet the demand.
    Thanks for your input
    Regards
    Chris

8. hobgoblin

hobgoblin Member

Why not just advertise it as not needing a trigger if that is the case?
    Surely "customer demand" for a trigger wouldn't exsist if it is in tune?
    I'm not having a go at the istrument by the way - as another poster pionted out all instruments have a couple of quirks, but your advertising re the trigger option does seem to contradict itself. I've seen the pics now and it looks very nice and shiney thank you.

9. chrisjohnston

chrisjohnston Member

Hi the requests we had were from possible new customers who have not seen or played our Standard Euphonium, it was suggested several times if we had a Trigger then it would be good value & comparable to others on the market. Hence the trigger was added.
    Thanks

10. hobgoblin

hobgoblin Member

........But if it doesn't need a trigger tell them so ( and while you are at it contact messrs Mead and Childs to tell them they are on the wrong instrument!). If it does need a trigger then don't claim it doesn't - it's still a v good deal at this price point.

11. BigHorn

BigHorn Active Member

And my car doesn't need to be metalic grey when it would work just as well being a stock white. If customers want a trigger then brownie points to the supplier for putting one on. Just because an instrument is in tune with a good player doesn't mean that a bad player can't blow it out of tune. So a trigger could be useful anyway.

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Euphonium
    Arial Black
    Eastman UK
    FONT
    added function
  13. hobgoblin

hobgoblin Member

So the trigger is just extra "bling" like metallic paint with no purpose, or needed by bad players?

14. Aussie Tuba

Aussie Tuba Member

A bad player blowing out of tune wouldn't know what to do with a trigger to get it right and wouldn't know the difference.
    would end up making it worse most likley.

15. Andrew Norman

Andrew Norman Member

Brilliant !!! And so true..

16. hobgoblin

hobgoblin Member

It's like putting go-faster stripes and alloy-look wheel trims on a tractor:cool:.

17. P_S_Price

P_S_Price Member

I think I see a solution here :

If you dont like Euphs with a trigger or think they are superfluous then - Don't Buy One!

If you do think they have value or even just like the look of them then - Do Buy one.

Simples :biggrin:

18. catto09

catto09 Member

To blow your argument clean out of the water...

Yamaha Maestro - doesn't have a trigger. The tuning on the 7th Partial on this instrument is excellent (which is what I assume you're talking about). Before you start slagging off manufacturers, you might want to do your research or try the instrument. The reason Bessons use the trigger is because the setup they go for which gives Bessons their unique sound means that they can't get the 7th partial in tune, and therefore need a trigger. Yamaha go for a totally different approach and get a totally different, brighter sound. They do not need a trigger

So it has been done!

19. hobgoblin

hobgoblin Member

Sorry Catto09, to blow your own argument out the water, but if as you say the yamaha is bang in tune, therefore does not have a trigger, why would the eastman euph need a trigger if it is in tune?
    It's either out of tune and needs a trigger, or in tune and doesn't. I doubt that "customer demand" would exist for a trigger if it is in tune.
    I spoke with a repairer friend about this today, and his opinion is that the chinese instruments are getting better very quickly and will soon be real contenders. As it stands though they are just dodgy copies of better known euro-brands.

20. catto09

catto09 Member

That wasn't the poster's argument. The poster's argument was that no-one has ever created a euphonium that doesn't need a trigger. In reality - all the trigger does is assists the player in bringing it into tune. If the player works hard enough at it, then they can do it themselves and don't NEED a trigger. How did we manage for so many years without a trigger?!

I also did not say the Yamaha was "bang in tune". Studys prove it's not. But it's very close (see www.dwerden.com)

The OP has made it perfectly clear that it's a bling factor that people are looking for. People like the fact that they have a trigger on their instrument.

Derick Kane has a trigger on his prestige - but I have never seen him use it. He lips everything into tune...
    Have you personally tried an eastman instrument? You cannot say that it's a "dodgy copy" if you haven't had first hand experience! Innocent until proven guilty etc.

21. Aussie Tuba

Aussie Tuba Member

The origional Post was an Advertisment. Don't think he was arguing anything. That said my old Boosey and co plays well enough without a trigger. Just something else to repair when it breaks.

22. Big - C

Big - C New Member

More vib!