new english championship

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by critic, Apr 2, 2005.

1. critic

critic Member

Now The Line Up Of Bands Elegible For The New Contest In July 2oo6 In Manchester As Been Anounced And Looking At The List It Should Be A Cracker What Are Your Thoughts.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    championship
    english
    Line Up Of Bands Elegible For The New Contest
    Thoughts
    The List
  3. MRSH

MRSH Supporting Member

Wow! If they all accept the invitation then, you're right, should be an absolutely stonking contest.

You can see the list HERE

Cheers

4. postie

postie Member

Yes it should be absolutely fantastic hopefully everyone will turn up.

5. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Just a thought: if by any chance YBS were to be successful in their request for a bye entry to the 2006 Europeans, would they still take part in the English Championship? If so, and they won, then presumably the runner-up would be invited to take up the place as English representative. I suppose the same could apply if Reg Vardy won at Groningen this year.

6. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

If all the other bands take part YBS would be mad not to take part even if they did get a be to the Euros.

What band or bandsman wouldn't want to take part in that line up!

7. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

Don't you mean Black Dyke?

8. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Sorry - getting it confused with the "world" :oops:

9. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

One of the things that appeals to me the most is that it is in the summer when us teachers on are on holiday. I can picture quite a few of the teachers in the US brass band scene coming over to see the contest, which would be fantastic.

BTW...if YBS are succesful in their appeal and Dyke win at Gronigen, then theoretically (assuming Dyke and YBS came in the top two) the third place band could get an invite to the next Europeans?