New Dyke CD at WOB!!!

Discussion in 'theMouthPiece.com User Reviews' started by brassneck, Feb 22, 2006.

1. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    CD
    Dyke
    WOB
    performances
    Dyke CD
  3. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

wow!

4. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

I would have thought that a CD with so many significant works for band would have been publicised in BIG style! Odd that it is available without much as a whisper from WOB.

5. John Brooks

John Brooks Well-Known Member

I agree, that comes as quite a surprise. Does anyone know if they are all new recordings or is Eden for example, the National live performance?

6. Baritonedeaf

Baritonedeaf Member

Extreme Make Over is an awesome piece! It has to be my fave test piece... :clap:

I would imagine that they are the live performances from the competitions - and as such they are not new recordings - could also explain the lack of publicity?

In reality could they improve some of those performances if they tried? Without the adrenalin of the contest stage i doubt that they would be as good... Anyone missing Eden and a night to sing from thier collections should certainly take a look.

7. WorldofBrass.com

WorldofBrass.com Active Member

They are all studio recordings, made at various sessions during 2005, with the exception of The Night To Sing which is their British Open winning performance.

Up until a couple of weeks ago, we were working on releasing this CD at the EBBC at the end of April. However, it was ready early and we decided to make it available in time for the Regionals starting with Yorkshire next week.

We posted it on the WoB site yesterday afternoon, as soon as the stock arrived, and it has been interesting to see the orders flooding in straight away before any publicity or advertising has kicked in.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2006
  8. John Brooks

John Brooks Well-Known Member

Thanks for that Carl. With all the new releases just posted, you've obviously been a tad busy :)

Orders flooding in comes as no surprise either.....that's the success of WoB. I said years ago that a well organized source for band recodings (at the time it was LP's) would improve sales by making the market more accessible. The internet has obviously helped but things like this don't just happen; it's a combination of vision and hard work.

9. Baritonedeaf

Baritonedeaf Member

Shows what I know - at least i got one right!

10. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

Definitely an early runner for CD of the year, live or not!