New Cornet advice

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by kiwiinoz, Jun 23, 2010.

1. kiwiinoz

kiwiinoz Member

Well, can someone give me some advice re the Besson 1020 as a cornet for someone returning to banding?? Seems to be a good price and the test on 4bars rest seemed to give a favourable result. Cannot afford a flasher cornet and this seems to be a good starter for a year or so to see how i go

Any thoughts people>

thanks

2. Andrew Norman

Andrew Norman Member

3. Rob Hanson

Rob Hanson New Member

FYI the JP171SW and JP271SW Cornets are distributed in Australia and New Zealand by the Music Ways company.

www.musicways.co.nz

They will put you in touch with your local dealer

4. Vegasbound

Vegasbound Active Member

Look at second hand instruments....not sure on your budget but worth looking around!

5. simonpohare

simonpohare Member

The Besson 1020 is excellent value. I've had loads of kids do grade 8 on them and they are really sturdy.
    Also Recenty had a blow on a Packer 271sw for a couple of weeks. It has great 1st and 3rd valve triggers and plays really well. And the case is alot better than the Besson.

6. kiwiinoz

kiwiinoz Member

Thanks for your email. very interested in the cornet. Looked at their site but no sign of the horn there. May need to buy in UK and post out. Can you assist???

7. Rob Hanson

Rob Hanson New Member

Musicways are a distributor not a retailer.
    If you contact them on info@musicways.co.nz they will be happy to help.

They sell the JP171SW and the JP271SW under the models V171SW and V271SW.

8. kiwiinoz

kiwiinoz Member

Thanks Rob

i have sent an email but it appears they do not have any retailers in Australia only NZ. Hopefully they will get in touch with me soon or i will have to buy the Besson 1020. Must say the 271 looks like a lovely cornet. will let you know how i go.

cheers

9. Also, if you can get one - the York Prescience are certainly worth a look - in my humble opinion the best intermediate cornet available at the moment......

10. kiwiinoz

kiwiinoz Member

anyone know of the helios bflat cornets?? am waiting on a price for one but has anyone had any dealings with the cornets??

Last edited: Jun 26, 2010
  11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Cornet
    Besson 1020
    Cannot
    Cornet advice
    bars rest