New contests to enter

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by rachael, Apr 6, 2004.

1. rachael

rachael Member

We're on the look to participate in some Entertainments or Set piece contests, we would like to go a bit further afield than just our "local" associations.
    Is there a list available of all contests throughout the country?
    We currently do our local GBBA contests in November and Feb.We have done W-S-M,but half the band seem to be away for it this year!
    We're hoping to get to Prestatyn,but would like to do a contest prior to this.

If there are any fellow contest secretaries out there who can point me in the right direction it'll be much appreciated! :D

Ta muchly!

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    GBBA
    W-S-M
    local GBBA contests
    Set piece contests
    Feb
  3. MAW

MAW Member

New Contests to enter.

What about the SEWBBA contest in Treorchy in November. That is now a set test piece contest. Not too far over the bridge into Wales. It's usually about 15th November. Try ringing Rob Gowing. email me and I will let have his phone No.

Good Luck

back row cornet.

4. MAW

MAW Member

New contest to enter.

Just realised you said you do a contest in November. Silly me. Never mind you might like a change.

:oops:

back row cornet.

5. Janet Watkins

Janet Watkins Member

There is Wychavon Festival Of Brass Entertainment Contest held in Evesham, Worcestershire. This years date in 26th Sept.

HTH

Janet

6. nickjones

nickjones Active Member

Rhyl Festival of Brass

Hi the Rhyl festival of brass is a very good entertainment contest , great theatre to play in and great prize money , look on 4bars rest and the contest is advertised , it is not far from Pontins Prestayn either ,
    hope this helps.
    ta

7. rachael

rachael Member

thanks guys n gals........i'll investigate all of the above!......any other suggestions,please keep them coming! :D

8. Di

Di Active Member

November again, but .....

Leicestershire Brass Band Association Annual Festival Contest, Guthlaxton College, Wigston, Leicester, LE18 2DS. Sections 1-4 and open section for unregistered bands. Own choice test piece.

9. andywooler

andywooler Supporting Member

10. Lothianh

Lothianh Member

Depending on how you define "a bit further afield", there's the U.S. Open Brass Band Championships in Arlington Heights, Illinois (near Chicago)!! :-D

Besides, it would be interesting to see how many people show up expecting to hear some *other* band called Portishead... ;-)

-Lothian

11. rachael

rachael Member

I'll put it to committee next week and see what response i get!! :lol: :lol:

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    GBBA
    W-S-M
    local GBBA contests
    Set piece contests
    Feb
  13. Lothianh

Lothianh Member

I can see the posters now...

--------------------
    U.S. Open Brass Band Championships

Featuring

Portishead Town Band
    --------------------

:lol: :wink:

Cheers!

-Lothian

14. Deano

Deano Member

Rach,

You maybe too late for this year, but the S. E. Wales assoc. run a contest in Ebbw Vale every May, only about an hour's drive.
    There's also the National Eisteddfod (entertainment) in Newport in July/August, entry forms can be downloaded from their website.
    The West Wales assoc. run an own choice contest the beginning of October every year, this years date is the 2nd in Ammanford. Maybe a chance to run your pontins piece.
    And as MAW already said there's Treorchy on 13th November set test piece. Test pieces are:

Champ. Diversions on a Bass Theme George Lloyd
    1st. Ballet For Band Joseph Horovitz
    2nd. Celtic Suite Philip Sparke
    3rd. 2nd Suite in F Major Holst Arr. S. Herbert
    4th. life's Treasures T.J. Powell

15. rachael

rachael Member

Thanks for your help and suggestions on this.
    The committee will be looking at the list I've drawn up out of the ones suggested above and some found on 4bars.

Thanks again x