New Conductor for Lewis Merthyr

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by Gavin, Jun 11, 2007.

1. Gavin

Gavin Supporting Member

We would like to announce, with great pleasure, that Gareth Pritchard has agreed to accept the position of Musical Director of the Lewis Merthyr Band.

Gareth is currently the very successful Musical Director of Tongwynlais Temperance and has decided to add Lewis Merthyr to his portfolio. He has an extensive musical education and pedigree which encompasses the entire Brass Band sphere and beyond. As well as being successful as a Conductor, Gareth also adjudicates regularly both at home and abroad in addition to running his own Music and Book Publishing business (JAGRINS) along with his son, the well known Percussionist, Gavin.

A band representative said, “The Band was thrilled when Gareth agreed to lead us into what looks like being a very exciting future. We are also delighted that part of the agreement is that when Gareth is not available for any reason, his place will be taken by Gavin - as it was at the recent Ebbw Vale Contest where Gareth was producing at a previously arranged recording session. Gareth had only been with the Band for a couple of weeks and Gavin more than ably stepped into the breach and with only 3 rehearsals guided the Band to one of it’s better recent performances and a very creditable 3rd place in the 1st Section”

Gareth said, “I am really looking forward to the future with Lewis Merthyr. The Band has in it, many old friends from my playing days, plus what I hope to be new younger friends that help to form a very friendly cross-section of age groups within the Band. It seems to be a very well run organisation that has very good attendance and is very hard working in rehearsals. It was very nice that they understood that I already had many other commitments and were prepared to use Gavin’s untapped ability as a Conductor in my absence”

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    The Band
    Lewis Merthyr
    Gareth Pritchard
    Lewis Merthyr Band
    Gavin
  3. KMJ Recordings

KMJ Recordings Supporting Member

Does this mean I get you, Gavin, when Gareth's unavailable to Produce for me? :D

Good luck with the new Band.

4. Gavin

Gavin Supporting Member

No, if something's already in the diary like the KMJ recording with Wem was, then my Dad will be with you and I will deputise for him conducting. If not, who knows..................... :)

5. KMJ Recordings

KMJ Recordings Supporting Member

So long as I don't have to play percussion anywhere if you're both busy we should be fine :biggrin: