New CD of Bruce Broughton and John Williams music

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by James Yelland, Feb 25, 2011.

1. James Yelland

James Yelland Active Member

Just spotted a new CD about to be released of brass music by Bruce Broughton and John Williams, called Sound the Bells! Includes Broughton's Fanfares, Marches, Hymns and Finale which was played at the 2010 RNCM festival, plus some previously unrecorded brass pieces by John Williams. Looks like a good'un.

Go to http://www.prestoclassical.co.uk/ and search for 'sound the bells'.

2. John Brooks

John Brooks Well-Known Member

3. Anglo Music Press

Anglo Music Press Active Member

4. John Brooks

John Brooks Well-Known Member

Well if you haven't your music certainly hasn't suffered!!! You should consider using some percussion too ;)

5. James Yelland

James Yelland Active Member

Have now got my copy and can report that it is a super, super CD. The Broughton piece is my personal highlight - and there is also an emotional rendition of Morten Lauridsen's O Magnum Mysterium, the piece which Leyland have been playing of late. Top playing all round. Recommended.

6. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

7. rosolino

rosolino Member

:confused: :confused: :confused:

8. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

Peter pointed out that this cd is now on offer.

9. PeterBale

Thanks Jan - about a third off the rrp ;)

10. rosolino

rosolino Member

Sorry guys. When I clicked on original link it obviously gave me the same price as your link Peter but I didn't check the date of the original link ......... NEW doesn't always mean up to date on here!

Couldn't sleep last night, as you can tell from the time of my post, I wish I couldn't talk when I can't sleep either ...... but hey I'm too old to learn new tricks now. :wink:

My apologies again :redface:

PS I'm away now to check what other c**p I was spouting in the middle of the night on other threads

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Bruce Broughton
    John Williams
    Just
    Sound the Bells
    Hymns
  12. PeterBale

No need to apologise, and confirmation email received to say the cd is on its way ;)