New CD Help - How can i get it reviewed/listened to?

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Baritonedeaf, May 21, 2006.

1. Baritonedeaf

Baritonedeaf Member

I have just returned from a long hard weekend recording the National Methodist Youth Brass Band's new CD with Doyen in Derbyshire.

Being a somewhat unusual band, we usually sell our CDs to supporters of the band and at concerts etc. We are looking to try and get the CD reviewed and listened to by some of the Brass Band press - does anyone know how one would go about getting a CD review in the Bandsman etc.?

Is there a CD review section on tMP?

Its just that from what little we have heard in the Doyen Mobile, it sounds pretty good and we would like to maybe try to get the CD to people who would not normally have heard of us/heard us...

Any ideas or suggestions - especially contact details would be much appreciated - thank you!
  2. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

Try sending Peter Bale a PM. He's got experience of CD/concert reviewing and has had many published before!
  3. Baritonedeaf

Baritonedeaf Member

Thank you - i should probably add the CD is (obviously) not a hard copy at the mo.... It is due in the next moth or so... Thanks Brassneck.
  4. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Hi there,

Once you have a copy, if you send me one I'd be glad to post a review on here for you.
  5. Baritonedeaf

Baritonedeaf Member

Superb - thank you Peter!

I certainly will do.
  6. Anno Draconis

Anno Draconis Well-Known Member

The National Association of Brass Band Conductors regularly review CDs in their magazine "The Conductor" - which is edited by Tabby Clegg, a tMP member whose username I've temporarily forgotten:oops: . More details here...
  7. Active Member

Send copies to the editors of British Bandsman and Brass Band World.
  8. BandTaxi

BandTaxi Active Member

I think the tMP username you're looking for is brass journo
  9. dyl

dyl Active Member

There is a User Review ategory - where any one of our members are free to write their reviews of CDs, concerts, radio broadcasts, music etc.
  10. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Or send to one of the team and we will do it for you.
  11. brass journo

brass journo Member

Correct - it is me!!

Feel free to send me a copy and I will be delighted to review it for The Conductor and can pass it on to BBW too if you wish.

My aim is to review more CDs like this in The Conductor so it will fit perfectly in the September issue.

E-mail me at to get my address details if you want.

all the best