New CD from Black Dyke

Discussion in 'Sponsor Announcements' started by Anglo Music Press, Jan 20, 2008.

1. Anglo Music Press

Anglo Music Press Active Member

A new Black Dyke CD will be released at the RNCM Festival of Brass - Jan 25-27

MUSIC FOR BATTLE CREEK
    The Music of Philip Sparke
    Black Dyke Band - Dr Nicholas J Childs​

I'm delighted to announce that the Black Dyke Band have just recorded a CD of my music on my Anglo Records label. If all goes well (!) it will be released on January 25th at the RNCM Festival of Brass. Please visit the De Haske trade stand there or get in touch with De Haske to order a copy. You can find their details here:-​

The programme includes first studio recordings of Dances and Alleluias and Music for Battle Creek (4barsrest Test Piece of the Year 2007). All the other tracks are also premiere studio recordings.​

Programme:-

The Conqueror; Tuba Concerto (soloist: Joseph Cook); Dances and Alleluias; A Quiet Moment; The Saga of Haakon the Good; Royal Salute; Sambezi (soloist: Brett Baker); Music for Battle Creek

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Black Dyke Band
    Nicholas J Childs
    Black Dyke CD
    RNCM Festival of Brass
    I
  3. Anglo Music Press

4. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

What's this "Saga of Haakon The Good" all about? An antedote to Hägar the Horrible? :rolleyes:

5. Anglo Music Press

It's a new lower section test piece which has been commissioned by a Norwegian band to play at their Nationals Championships next month.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2008
  6. agentorange

agentorange Member

I was fortunate enough to play both Music for Battle Creek and Dances and Alleluias on the contest stage last year. Both are awesome compositions, though quite different from each other, really enjoyable (both to play and listen to) and are worthy additions to the brass band repertoire.

I'll definately be buying this disk on the strength of those two pieces. Fans of Philips music who don't know these pieces won't be disappointed!!