NEW British piece for every band

Discussion in 'Sponsor Announcements' started by Pennine Music Publishing, Mar 5, 2007.

1. Albion Treasures
    Arr. Gavin Somerset

A stunning hymn-like medley that takes you on a trip around the British Isles. Starting in Scotland with "Highland Cathedral" which continues to make appearances throughout, and then into "Amazing Grace" whilst "Danny Boy" (Londonderry Air)" flows underneath. Whilst "Danny Boy" continues to build, "Swing Low, Sweet Chariot" is heard ringing over the top as the piece builds to its emotional climax. Afterwards, a quiet calm of all the pieces skilfully woven together softly flow whilst the tune to Parry's "Dear Lord & Father Of Mankind (Repton)" leaves us with a delicate, soft finish to the journey.

Sale Price: £19.95

PLAYABLE BY ALL LEVELS OF BRASS BAND
    Link - http://www.penninemusic.com/cgi-bin/showdetails.cgi?prodid=87&textfile=A4.rtf

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    FONT=Arial
    British
    Highland Cathedral
    Albion Treasures
    FONT
  3. timbloke

timbloke Member

Having had the pleasure of "previewing" the piece I'd highly recommend it, Gavin has done a fantastic simple, yet effective, arrangement of some beautiful melodies. It should feature high on all bands programmes!

4. Aidan Geary

Aidan Geary Member

It's been transcribed for Wind Band too!

5. BbBill

BbBill Supporting Member

Oh no, not another piece with Highland Catherdral it it....!! :rolleyes:

6. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

That was my thoughts about Danny Boy, surely there is another tune from Ireland?

7. Thirteen Ball

Thirteen Ball Active Member

I know it's been recently associated with the England rugby union team, but Isn't "swing low sweet chariot" a negro spiritual?

:dunno:

8. Thirteen Ball

Thirteen Ball Active Member

PS - Glad to see you're still writing stuff as well as putting other people's out Gavin! Keep it up ;)

9. Aardvark

Aardvark Member

From the title of the thread I thought you were giving away freebie copies to every band, was disappointed when I read the message to find we had to pay :rolleyes:

10. cookie2

cookie2 Member

I quite agree, really enjoyed playing this piece. The melodies are beautifully woven together. I know they're old chestnuts but they've really been brought to life. Good work Gavin :clap:

11. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    FONT=Arial
    British
    Highland Cathedral
    Albion Treasures
    FONT