New British Brass Band in L. A.: "L. A. Metro Brass"

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by j_aaron_stanley, Dec 11, 2005.

1. Hello, Everyone:

I'd like to announce the debut concert of the L. A. Metro Brass Band to take place on Sunday, Dec. 18 at 7:30 pm. at the Torrance Salvation Army at 4223 Emerald St., Torrance, CA. Suggested donation is $10, for any of you who happen to be in the area at that time!

The band has been rehearsing since the beginning of October and is made up of professional, semi-professional, and a few serious amatuer musicians from the L. A. area. Our goal is make the L. A. Metro Brass Band not only a permanent fixture in the area, but to gain an international reputation. The band is conducted by brass band legend Ivor Bosanko.

You can find out more info about the band, and keep up to date with the latest news at

2. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

Great to have another band in the States!
  3. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Wehey, I find myself in LA a few times throughout the year and would love to pop along for a session.

Good luck with the concert... and don't forget to add your site to the tMP Links Directory.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2015
  4. You'd certainly be welcome to join in, too! Send me an email before you come, and I'll let you know if we're having any rehearsals while you're in town. As it stands now, we're only rehearsing twice a month. It's too hard to get everyone together more often that.

5. John Brooks

John Brooks Well-Known Member

Must be some trombone section when you have the likes of Clarence White on Baritone. Haven't heard Clarence since he left Toronto.