New Brass Christmas Arrangements

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by j_aaron_stanley, Jun 3, 2005.

1. Hello, everyone!

I'm just announcing that I have a few Christmas arrangements for brass band and smaller ensembles available at my website at; or, to download sheet music immediately, visit my SibeliusMusic Store.

Titles include:

Carol of the Bells
    I Saw Three Ships
    God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
    Rhapsody on Bring Your Torches
    Variations on a French Carol (noel nouvelët)
    And coming in a matter of days: We Three Kings Fantasy

2. lewis

lewis Member

It's only June!!!!
  3. trumpetmike

trumpetmike Active Member

It may only be June - but if bands start practising them now, they get the same feeling as with contest music - months of playing the same piece so that it will sound absolutely perfect;)
    Imagione the shock if you got music out only a week or two before the gig, the banding world would be in crisis;) :biggrin:
  4. Nigel Hall

Nigel Hall Supporting Member

I have to agree - MMI Music have two new Christmas pieces which will be ready in the next few weeks. Just to whet your appetite - one is a nice little german tune that goes along like the Ashmore arrangement of Jingle Bells - could be a replacement for it!! More to follow as soon as it's ready.
  5. Christmas in June

Me, too. A couple of these will require the extra rehearsal time! And I look forward to hearing your arrangements, Nigel!

TIMBONE Active Member

I too am going to work on a new Christmas piece just as soon as I return from Spain at the end of June. Our banding colleagues overseas have a lot more forethought though. How many UK bands pull out their Christmas folder at the last minute, suddenly realise that they could do with something new, only to find that they won't get it in time! The majority of last years Christmas orders from TP Music came from the USA, Australia and the Netherlands. A Swiss music shop even ordered a Christmas piece from me last month! Well done allabrevemusic for beginning to advertise it now, I thought that September was early last year, I was obviously wrong.
  7. Thanks, Tim. I enjoyed looking through your web site, by the way! I was wishing I could hear some of the stuff, though. Not too many brass band CDs make it this way, and at UK prices, I have to want a CD REALLY bad.

So what will you be working on?

8. trumpetmike

trumpetmike Active Member

Please tell me you are joking - Christmas music has it's time and place - December (at the earliest). If it really takes you 5 months to get your band playing it, might I suggest different repertoire?
    No problems with advertising it, but the thought of having to play it this early is terrifying:eek:
  9. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

Trumpetmike, I think Tim is referring to ORDERING and RECIEVING the music early. That way when you want to get it out before Christmas you have new stuff, rather than finding out 2 weeks before that it won't get delivered in time! I don't think many bands rehearse the same music for months (you must have had some bizzare banding experiences to think that! - no offence meant by that btw). We rehearse contest pieces in 2-4 weeks max and concerts in a couple of weeks.

well done for advertising the music early aaron, hopefully you shall catch some bands whilst they have some budget money left after the summer gigs! :tup