New Brass Band Blog

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by MicahParsons, Apr 28, 2012.

1. MicahParsons

MicahParsons New Member

Hello All

Recently at college many of my peers have become interested in my brass banding ad so after many conversations i decided to set up blog to follow my progression in the banding world, as well as giving an all round taste to the brass band world with interviews and reviews.

I have posted a link, i hope you all like it, remember to have a look

2. Beesa

Beesa Member

A great idea Micah and there is much about brass banding that is blogworthy.

One tip though, I'm not sure if I am alone in this, but something that greatly annoys me is seeing "I" written lowercase. Especially in a blog.

3. MicahParsons

MicahParsons New Member

Hello Beesa

Thank you so much for reading, I really am sorry (spelling is not my strong point but I am going though the posts to sort everything out) ;)
  4. classicbrass

classicbrass Member

A bit of punctuation (i.e commas & full stops) wouldn't go amiss either.
  5. MicahParsons

MicahParsons New Member

Cheers Classicbrass
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2012
  6. Red Elvis

Red Elvis Active Member

Enjoyed reading that Micah - yep the punctuation needs some work but I really like your enthusiasm (I'm a fellow euph geek as well as being ex SA) !! Very jealous of your trip to the euph factory , must have been great having that range to choose from.
    All the best for your future playing !!
  7. MicahParsons

MicahParsons New Member

Thank you Red Elvis, i am dreadful at punctuation so will try and improve it, hope you keep reading :)
  8. James Yelland

James Yelland Active Member

You have a bright future as a sub-editor for 4 Bars Rest. I like your blog.
  9. MicahParsons

MicahParsons New Member

Hello James, Haha I doubt it. Thank you for reading. If you want to see any articles on a certain subject (it would really help me gain more content and more intrest)

I think ive sorted out all the gammar and punctuation now. Sorry again :)

10. AndrewL

AndrewL Member

I enjoyed reading this and look forward to reading more posts. I wouldn't worry too much about the punctuation, just enjoy writing your blog.
  11. Beesa

Beesa Member

"...I am dreadful...."

See my previous post.

If you're not bothered about such punctuation, especially regarding yourself in a blog, then what right have you to expect others to be bothered?

OK, I appreciate that content is probably more important, but if you want people to read what you have to say then you want to capture them not irritate them.

But don't let me put you off. Nice blog all the same.
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2012
  12. MicahParsons

MicahParsons New Member

I am Dyslexic, so sometimes I forget. I really do want to make this blog work and I do care about my writing. Thank you again for all reading.
  13. hobgoblin

hobgoblin Member

Really enjoyed having a poke around the blog micah - even for a non Euph player it was interesting so well done you.A couple of other euph bloggers you may want to check out (besides the obvious Mead / Childs sites) are Robin Langdon and Charlie Brighton who both post here and have nice sites. Mr Brighton, as well as being the UK face of Willson Euphoniums (he's an endorsee and clinician) is probably second only to Steven Mead in terms of the sheer amount of new music he commissions and the regularity with which he gives public recitals - well worth a look.Sorry I am too thick to post links, but I'm sure someone else will help or google will find them. Keep up the good work, and do post news of any updates on here to keep us informed.
  14. MicahParsons

MicahParsons New Member

Hello hobgoblin. Thats fantastic, so glad you enjoyed it. Thank you for the links I will have a look today. I have had quite alot of contact with Charlie Brighton recently so I will have a chat with him today at some point. Keep reading, and remember if you have any idear's for content i'd be more than happy to listen.
  15. slider

slider Member

I have a blog here which is a real mish-mash of things (probably about 30% brass band related). I'm happy to share the blogging with other contributors and be able to drop blogs in as and when I've something interesting to say. I find single topic blogs a bit of a challenge to keep going with. One blog I'd like a few comment on is the geographical spread and the local obstructions put in the way of the Good Friday march of Witness.