New Bourgeois Tuba Concerto

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by davetubaking, Apr 11, 2015.

1. davetubaking

davetubaking Member

Any tuba players or Bourgeois fans in reach of East London may be interested in the World Premier of his 2nd Tuba Concerto which I'm giving with the Forest Philharmonic Orchestra at Walthamstow Assembly Halls on Sunday 26th April concert start 6:30. The programme includes The Planets and Elgars Cockaigne Overture.

I'll also be giving the premier of the brass band version with East London Brass at some time in the future.

It's a real crowd pleaser and specifically written for keen amateurs as opposed to the super virtuosic so I'm hoping it will be taken up by plenty of tuba brethren when it's published. Having said that it's still pretty tough, similar in standard to the Gregson and Vaughan Williams but longer at 24 minutes and with twice as many notes as I specifically moaned to Derek that most tuba concertos have the soloist sitting around listening for half the piece. There's quite a bit of Derek's humour in it, lots of Bach references (as I told him I liked playing the Bach cello suites) and plenty of chance to sing.

Tickets here.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Tuba Concerto
    Bourgeois
    East London
    Derek
    Bourgeois Tuba Concerto