New Bass Trom at BBC Symphony

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Jack Stout, Dec 15, 2010.

1. Jack Stout

Jack Stout Member

BBC Symphony Orchestra appoint Rob O'Neil as Bass Trombone. Good to see one of the most popular young players in the business land one of the top jobs. Well done Rob. :clap:
  2. Bass Trumpet

Bass Trumpet Active Member

It's been on the cards for a while now, but I'm glad they finally pulled their finger out and made a decision. Certainly no disrespect to the other bloke either, for ages they couldn't decide between Rob or Andy Waddicor (ex B&R player). I'm pretty sure Andy's time will come soon though.

All the best to Rob. Nice bloke, lovely player.
  3. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

Awesome player and nice bloke, was privileged enough to be taught by Rob before I left school, just listening to him warm up was frightening. He can certainly parp it out.
  4. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

Yup, well done Rob!
  5. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

For the people who noticed something strange here, earlier today: everything should be settled now.
    Please feel free to continue discussing the topic of the thread
    (which is not Black Dyke, btw)
  6. Jack Stout

Jack Stout Member

Thanks to the mods

Thanks for sorting this out, it's a pity when a genuine good news story gets hijacked!
    Rob has done his bit in banding and we don't want to scare these players off from the world of banding.
  7. geordie in exile

geordie in exile New Member

I've had the pleasure of sitting in the same section as Rob for many years now, superb player and really nice guy.
    Well done Rob.