New bands??

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Nat, Jun 2, 2004.

1. Nat

Nat Member

WOO HOO i am now officially a member of war eaquals fish my new ska band ive had 2 practices with them and its been going really well, my question is anyone else in a punk rock, rock or ska band on this forum?

2. lottie4744

lottie4744 Member

*jumps* I am I am!!!! My bands kinda punk/emo though!

3. Nat

Nat Member

yay, nice to know im not alone!! my bit is in a punk band called the bottom feeders :lol:

4. Sharpy

Sharpy Member

We have an on/off rock band at work, although its more off at the moment! We do some Green Day numbers and hopefully we'll be doing some more stuff for our trip to Gibralter next month. Its the only time my guitars allowed out to play!!! :twisted:

5. Nat

Nat Member

ive only had two practices but we went off on one lke a jamming session just doing random stuff and i helped with ideas for our now finished new song im really happy!!! plus im the only girl so i get all of thier attention all of the time and they are actually quite good

6. lottie4744

lottie4744 Member

Our bands called "short circuit" but with our band we have 2 guitars, bass, vocals............ but we also have a trumpet and piano as well so the musics really individual but it's great fun as well.

7. Nat

Nat Member

we have a lead guitar, chord guitar, bass guiter, saxophone, trombone,cornet/trumpet and drums. im the cornet/trumpet, what do you play?

8. imthemaddude

imthemaddude Active Member

Does cornet go well in a punk band?

9. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

You could always try putting a few safety pins through it :shock: :oops: :wink:

10. lottie4744

lottie4744 Member

Yeah Trupmet/cornet sounds well in a punk band! It's gotta be good though! I do lead vocals!

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    WOO HOO
    new ska band ive
    punk rock
    member of war eaquals
    New bands
  12. Nat

Nat Member

it actually sounds ok, id rather use a trumpet though butmy cornt does the job for now :wink:

13. nickjones

nickjones Active Member

Aye cornet / trumpet with punk / ska bands sounds great...the specials , madness , to bands like reel big fish....even Faithless sounds even better with trumpet sounds..
    well done nat...go for it... :D

14. ScrapingtheBottom

ScrapingtheBottom Active Member

I've play trom with a punk/ska and a funk band in my time - but I'm getting old now (well... 23).

15. Nat

Nat Member

why did you stop its fun!!!

16. ScrapingtheBottom

ScrapingtheBottom Active Member

I already play in two orchestras, two brass bands and a big band I think It's enough for now!!!!

17. Nat

Nat Member

yep bet you are busy, im only in my ska band and my brass band

18. Alice

Alice Member

It does for King Prawn!

19. TuTuKu

TuTuKu Active Member

My big bro was in a ska band.. played trumpet... was ace! the only band that really got the crowd going at a gig... but since all his band members have "developed different tastes" they've split up n now he's playin bass (guitar) in sum run of the mill emo band!

Bring back cheesy ska that's what i say!

20. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

I'm not but "Sop till you drop" plays keyboard in a very good rock band called Trigger.

Very good outfit, based in Harrogate, get the CD NOW!!!!

21. Nat

Nat Member

aawww selfless promotion for a mate!! :lol: apparently ive got my first gig on thursday yay dead nervous, i saw my band playing once before i joined at a battle of the bands and they got everyone clapping singing and dancing, of course they won- im very critical and the only thing i could fault them on was that they should have played longer!!! :bounce :bounce i love these little bouncey things!!

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    WOO HOO
    new ska band ive
    punk rock
    member of war eaquals
    New bands