New Band Music

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Mr Ratty, Aug 3, 2011.

1. Mr Ratty

Mr Ratty Member

I have started to compile some of my compositions and arrangments and publish them on my bands website. There's audio samples of some of the works and some pdf samples of the scores and parts.

Please visit to have a look and listen.

If you would like a score/parts for any of the pieces I am offering them for FREE. Also any feedback would be apreciated.

2. eflatbass

eflatbass Supporting Member

There's some good stuff there, Lee. Best of luck with your endeavours.
  3. Mr Ratty

Mr Ratty Member

Thanks for that Barry, and thanks to anyone who has been in touch so far. Keep the requests coming in.

4. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

Having known Lee for a number of years now, I have played many of his compositions and arrangements and have watched him develop from a casual hobby arranger to a composer and producer of quality arrangements in his own right. Many of Lee's more recent works are, in my opinion top notch.

I recommend that any band look at the free music on the website because I wouldn't be surprised if he gets publishing offers and then you'll all have to pay!

I particularly recommend Call of the Colliery and Harton Lea.
  5. its_jon

its_jon Member

I second that !.....

Really top class work. :tup
  6. Mr Ratty

Mr Ratty Member

Thanks Colin & John. I've had a nother 3 emails re: the music thanks to your posts. North East Suit is proving popular.

I intend to add some more music this week/weekend, so keep and eye on the website everyone.

1. A horn solo (which Westoe ran through last night). It seemed to work although has no title yet.
    2. Audio sample and score for a 'Coventry Christmas'.
    3. 'Geordies Jaunt' - Eup Solo based on 'Geordies lost his penker'.
  7. westoe_horn

westoe_horn Member

Another one recommending Lee's arrangements. We've done quite a few over the last couple of years and they really are top class.

Currently playing Lee's upbeat arrangement of Faure's 'Pavane' which is excellent and the North east Folk Suite always seems to go down well at jobs.

You'll have to have a competition to name that horn solo......
  8. its_jon

its_jon Member

I forgot to place a link on the FMFK Links page to the Westoe Band website
    Home of Lee Morris compositions.

Fixed now :D

Thanks again Lee.
  9. Mr Ratty

Mr Ratty Member

10. Mr Ratty

Mr Ratty Member

11. its_jon

its_jon Member

Awesome !

I can see the chaos as the penny bounces around on the floor :)
  12. MicahParsons

MicahParsons New Member

Hello Mr Lee
    Really enjoyed the Euphonium Solo Caprice no.9 (ive actually been looking for a Paganini solo after a friend of mine played one i really enjoy his music)