New Associate Conductor at Bactiguard Wire Brass

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by andegg, Feb 20, 2007.

1. andegg

andegg Member

Bactiguard Wire Brass are delighted to announce the appointment of Adrian Morris as their new associate conductor. Adrian is the bass trombone player with the world famous Halle Orchestra and brings with him years of experience of orchestral and band playing at the highest level.

Adrian's association with the band’s MD, Paul Andrews, began during the 80’s when they both played for the Leyland Vehicles band. This association developed into a friendship that has lasted over the years. Adrian (Benny to his friends) has worked with the band on several occasions including recording solos on one of the band’s CDs and concert performances as guest soloist. Paul was delighted when Adrian gladly accepted his invitation to become associate conductor. Adrian is going back to his brass band roots and spreading his wings by regularly taking up the baton at rehearsals. He is currently helping to prepare the band for their first foray into the Championship section at the North West area next month and also future concerts and contests.

Andrea Egginton
    Bactiguard Wire Brass Press Officer

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    FONT=Tahoma
    Adrian Morris
    Bactiguard Wire Brass
    FONT
    Tahoma
  3. Big Gav

Big Gav Member

I am surprised that this thread has no replies yet!! As someone who knew Benny previously as a fabulous Bass Trombone player it was a real eye opener for me when he took the first rehearsal in his new post with my band. Having reached the top of both the banding and orchestral worlds means that the big man has more to offer than most conductors out there at the moment. He has a great relationship with his players and works the band hard, especially with regards to the "thinking behind the playing". Cheers Benny, see you next rehearsal!

ps That young lad Paul Andrews ain't bad either!

4. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

Congratulations on your new post Adrian. I remember Ady as a young lad (many years ago) learning to play Trombone at Bridgnorth Town Band. He was always keen and showed great potential back in those early days. I don't see him very often nowadays, but its good to read that he hasn't lost touch with his banding roots.

Good luck to Adrian and the band.

:tup