New Arsenal away shirt

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by dyl, Jun 26, 2007.

1. dyl

dyl Active Member

2. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

:clap: Nice one Dyl. Have to say though £16 million is a bit of a bargain for Terry Henry, especially when you consider Schevchenko was nearly double that!
  3. dyl

dyl Active Member

Absolutely. An absolute steal.
  4. iggmeister

iggmeister Member

Or more realistically, Schevchenko was completely overpriced.

Henry is 30. His best days are behind him.

5. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

Agreed re Schevchenko 100%. However not sure I agree that at 30 Henrys best days are behind him.

There are many examples of top players playing at the top of their games well into their 30's Dennis Bergkamp being an example.
  6. iggmeister

iggmeister Member

I think you're right that he will play well but I maintain that his best days are behind him. I just think that £16 million is a bit much for a 30 year old - even Henry. However, as good as Dennis Bergkamp was/ is, Henry is a different type of player. What would have been the asking price for Bergkamp over the last few years? I'd hazard a guess at a couple of million at best. He's like a car that is worth more to you than it is to sell second hand.

Bergkamp was fast in the head, a bit like Sheringham but better. Henry is more about his pace and great touch. He still has great ability but I reckon he will tire over the next couple of years. For £16 million I just reckon there are better buys out there.

7. Kiz7

Kiz7 Member

and even more of a steal for Thierry Henry
  8. stevetrom

stevetrom Well-Known Member

Where were all these Arseanl fans saying Henry's best days were behind him 12 months ago?

Look at the last few years, Arseanl have mis-judged the cost of the new stadium, Henry ahs gone, Wenger will go next year and without them and with little money the future is not great !
  9. iggmeister

iggmeister Member

Just to clarify, I'm not an Arsenal fan. However, I think (and hope) that Wenger will stay.

10. chizzum

chizzum Member

Just wondering now, if henry being 30 is past it???? hmmm what ever happened to larrson!!!!!

On the other hand, Arsenal only now have a few match winners;

Cesc, Gil Silva, Rosisky!!!!

No Dein, Wenger's going soon, poss Real Madrid, shame!!!!

That leaves Tottenham, Reading, and Portsmouth to challege for the 4 place!

11. dyl

dyl Active Member

Newcastle as champions? Never.
  12. Laserbeam bass

Laserbeam bass Active Member

Shock Horror, Henry fails medical

13. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

You fool Dyl, he means West Ham. The Premier League have decided that West Ham can include last seasons points to be added to the forthcoming seasons tally, just in case they prove to be useless again this year!
  14. dyl

dyl Active Member

What? There's more than one United? Never! ;)