Never Too Old

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Par10, Nov 7, 2010.

1. Par10

Par10 Member

I did something Saturday evening that I had been putting off for a number of years because I thought it would not be my thing and did not want the hastle of a late night and being stuck in a huge traffic snarl up.

However my friends finally talked me into going to see the Texas A&M vs. Oklahoma match at Kyle Field, College Station.

OK I do not understand why "Rugby" is called "Football" and that there can never be a drawn game, plus a lot of other finer points to the game as well as how the game can be stopped for "A word from our sponsors".

What really made the occassion was the bands, Oklahoma being the visiting team, their band came on first, pretty spectacular, the routine, the playing, the size of the band, all pretty good stuff.

Then came the turn for the Aggie's band, I have only seen the British Guards bands march with such precision, the countermarching and the way the band formed the various letters of T,A,M & X whilst playing and covering the whole field was incredible, at least to my eyes.

The whole event was very enjoyable and just proves how one can be completely wrong about making a decision not to see a music performance that they know nothing about.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Never Too Old
    Oklahoma
    Texas A&M
    Kyle Field
    Oklahoma match
  3. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

How very dare you! Never use the word Rugby to describe that girly American abomination of a sport. Why they call it football is beyond me, but then they can't even call Rounders by it's name. Weirdos. ;)

4. Nuke

Nuke Active Member

You want to see an american football band go and see the Ohio State Marching Band. They aren't called "the best dam band in the land" for nothing.

5. Par10

Par10 Member

Found them on UTUBE, not the best way to hear music, but they did sound good and the quick march looks very impressive.

Just goes to show that you should experience all that life has to offer.:clap:

6. Laserbeam bass

Laserbeam bass Active Member

But steer clear of anything on Youtube that says

Trumpet Wars
    or
    Tuba Wars

:rolleyes: