Nembba derby sunday 21/02/2010

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by tubafran, Feb 15, 2010.

1. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

Not seen a thread on this yet - NEMBBA area test piece contest at Derby Sunday 21/02/2010 - whos playing 4th to 1st Section?
  2. nevillebros

nevillebros New Member

Derwent are playing in 1st.
  3. postie

postie Member

Bestwood arent going this year but these bands are:

4th Section
    Audley Brass
    Ireland Colliery

3rd Section
    Long Eaton
    Rolls Royce Derby

2nd Section
    Think Matlock are going but stand to be corrected

12 bands in total entered so please add if u know anymore.
  4. sbandsman

sbandsman Member

Stamford Brass in 3rd section have seen the full list and 5 bands in 3rd
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2010
  5. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

It seems that attendance at this contest has sadly depleted over the last 3 years - looking back over each year's thread its gone something like

2007 - 20
    2008 - 17
    2009 - 15
    2010 - 12
  6. sbandsman

sbandsman Member

Think there are more than 12 attending. The list I saw had at least 3 champ section going so all 5 sections would be there.
    Although the 3rd was the biggest section
  7. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

Will that be new for this year? Previously it's only been 1st to 4th section bands here
  8. Keith Stanley James Lever

Keith Stanley James Lever Supporting Member

NEMBBA Contest 28th February 2010

Anyone any idea who will be in the box adjudicating.

9. IJK

IJK Member

Barry Thompson and I think Trentham are in the 4th as well as there are 4 bands in the 4th section
  10. midlandbass

midlandbass Member

matlock are going, believe norwest co-op have withdrawn so just three bands in second section
  11. spufferoo

spufferoo Member

Crofton silver are there in the third section
  12. BigHorn

BigHorn Active Member

Blame Butlins. There is little time to get the area piece up to contest run out standard between Butlins and the Area.

We will be using this Sunday to run a couple of sectional practices. We always used to attend before Butlins became so important. Its a shame because its a nice well run contest and a good venue. I used to enjoy the day out.
  13. IJK

IJK Member

We did Butlins but still going to NEMBBA as its a good run out even tho we know it is not up to area standard yet by a long way!

But it is a shame out of 24 bands in the fourth section in the Midlands only 4 bands have entered and out of the 24 bands only 6 went to Butlins so that still leaves 18 bands who didnt go to Butlins to support this contest. also it is not to far for bands from Yorkshire to come down and support it and out of 11 bands entered in the 4th section for yorkshire only 2 played at Butlins.

As you said the contest is well run and a good day and for some bands its a good warm up for the area.
  14. sbandsman

sbandsman Member

And us We did butlins and will be with you on Sunday............
  15. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

Didnt this contest used to be nearer to the area date? Only 2 weeks before and not the current 3 weeks.

Though for Yorkshire bands it is only 2 weeks so that doesn't seem like a reason.
  16. Raspberry

Raspberry Member

I have been informed that the contest has been called off due to the snow. I believe this to be reliable information however apologies to the organisers / those who are taking part / spectating if this information is wrong.

A shame as I was planning to going along to have a listen to the bands that are participating.
  17. sbandsman

sbandsman Member

We have also been informed of this as well so should say it is correct
  18. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

One of the best contests ive played at with not turning up:rolleyes::woo
    I think the organisers should really think about running this contest next year with only a small handful of bands who were going at the start,something like 12 bands is not worth running a contest for im sure they can see how the number of entries have gone down over the years;hint hint.
  19. dyl

dyl Active Member

20. Elvis

Elvis New Member

Sorry don't agree Ian. Derby is a well run little contest and gives all us ex banders a chance to hear all the Area tests under one roof and in one day!
    Big shame it's been called off.