NEMBBA Contest, Derby

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by bumperman, Feb 1, 2006.

1. Heather

Heather Member

United Co op Crewe.

2. richard rich

richard rich New Member

Maltby are in the third section

3. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

Ah, NEMBBA many happy memories. One year after a particularly early draw I was first into the bar and last out.... I think that was the same year that Sparkly believed when, desperate for the loo, she kept asking how much further and we kept saying "5 minutes", for about 40 miles! And she never once questioned us!

4. postie

postie Member

Got the full list of bands tonight: this is in alphabetical order and not the draw!

4th section:
    Bestwood, Crofton Silver, Dronfield CMW, Hathern B, Ilkeston, Melton Borough, Ratby Mid, Thurcroft Welfare, Tideswell.

3rd section:
    Bakewell, Leicester Co-op, Long Eaton, Maltby Miners Welfare, Matlock, Whitwell

2nd Section:
    Carlton, Hopkins Blidworth, Shirland, South Yorkshire Police, Wakefield Metropolitan,

1st Section:
    Foss Dyke, Hathern, United Co-op Crewe,

Contest starts at 10.30am and the adjudicator is Ian Brownbill.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2006
  5. Janet Watkins

Janet Watkins Member

Whitwell should be added to the 3rd section list!

6. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

Done! :D

7. postie

postie Member

Thanks Ian do apologise to Whitwell for leaving them off it certainly wasnt deliberate!!!!

8. BigHorn

BigHorn Active Member

The 2nd section field looks very interesting. On current form the 3 midlands bands are very evenly matched at the top of the midlands area and the 2 Yorkshire bands look equally strong - one just coming down from the 1st section and one near the top of their region.
    Throw in the fiendishly difficult Images of the Millenium and its going to be one hell of a scrap.

Should be very good experience for the areas.

9. Vickitorious

Vickitorious Active Member

Only 3 bands in the 1st section :(

10. NeilW

NeilW Member

We thought about entering the 1st section, but we've got too many people away on holiday this week with it being schools 1/2 term.

Neil.

11. Steve

Steve Active Member

thats 1 up on last year Vic, dont be sad!! I may come along for a listen if I can find my shoes.

12. Anno Draconis

Anno Draconis Active Member

I remember playing at NEMBBA with Nottingham City Transport - I think it was in Dronfield Leisure Centre - when we were the only band in the top section.

13. Vickitorious

Vickitorious Active Member

And not miss the train?? :p Do you want to arrange a lift in advance? ;)

14. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

I can add to this although our band will not be there i will be going myself to support the contest and do a bit of my own placings
    So if you are going come over and see me will have Warwickshire County Cricket Club Blue Fleece Top on and either Gresley Black Polo Shirt or LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB tshirt on.
    I promise i will not sit on the front row;)
    So come over and introduce yourself, and say hello and see if what in think of your performance, so seee you all there folks.
    Just ask Postie, Di, Vickitorious who i am.
    I'm sure they will point you in the direction:tup :clap:

15. postie

postie Member

Yes I will certainly help in pointing to where he is sitting. Not shy in putting down what he thinks, is Ian. You are certainly going to get a very good unbiased view.

16. CubbRep

CubbRep Member

Cubbington Silver will be there in the 4th.

17. bumperman

bumperman Member

The Wakefield Metropolitan band have had to drop out of the contest due to unforeseen circumstances. One of our percussionists is unable to make Sundays contest. However a few members of the band will be coming along to support Crofton Silver Band in the 4th section. We will also watch the bands in the 2nd section if still standing!

COME ON THE CROFTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. lausonbass

lausonbass Member

don't look sad, that means we get a placing for sure, lol :clap: