NEMBBA Contest At Derby

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by postie, Feb 4, 2008.

1. postie

postie Member

As the annual contest is drawing nearer, who is going whether you are playing or spectating?

Its at Rolls Royce, Derby, this Sunday 10th February, 11.30am start.

My wife and I will be going as spectators as Bestwood are not going this year.
  2. IJK

IJK Member

So there is only 4 bands in the 4th Section

As Ireland are not going to be there either this year due to players away for half term and other commitments.

And looking on the draw list there were 6 bands in the 4th section including us and Bestwood.

Some of us hope to be there to listen. It is a well run contest and a good warm up for the area.

Here is the list of bands in the sections (this is not in draw order or anything like that before someone says so)

4th Section

Chapel en le Firth
    Trentham Brass
    Rolls Royce

Bestwood (WD)
    ICCB (WD)

3rd Section

Kirkby Colliery
    Newstead Youth

2nd Section

Leicestershire Coop
    Long Eaton
    City of Coventry Brass
    United Coop 2000 Brass

1st Section

Foss Dyke
    Shirland WT
  3. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

I think Dronfield have withdrawn.

BBSBB were hoping to attend for the first time this year however due to a clash with the beginning of half term we'd ahve needed too many deps to attend.
  4. Pythagoras

Pythagoras Active Member

Think the earlier date than usual has contributed to the smaller number of bands than usual
  5. EbEwan

EbEwan Member

It's half term aspect that has meant that Ratby Mid aren't going this year either. We got away with it last year because (if I remember rightly) I was the only one going away but I was flying back late on the night before (which became early morning &*$^%£ Bulgarian airports!!!!), but there would have been several missing this year because, as tubafran and Pythagoras have both mentioned, it's at the start of the half term rather than the end.
  6. emmah

emmah New Member

The half term for us in Chapel doesn't start until Monday 18th February this year.

I can't understand how they vary so much between the different areas.

We are in Derbyshire ourselves!!

Good luck to all who is playing at Derby on Sunday x
  7. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

Yes but when are you having the Easter holidays? I think in Derbyshire it's 2 weeks later than the rest of the country. Oh and I think bonfire night will be in August, because it;s warmer and as stuff in the shops is cheaper in January Christmas next year will be on the 25th January.
  8. postie

postie Member

Yes I gather the reason it's been brought forward a week is that the room the contest is being held in is being refurbished. So hopefully it will be a week later next year.
  9. IJK

IJK Member

So called there is a total of 7 bands from the list that have withdrawn from the contest
  10. postie

postie Member

Any ideas who else has withdrawn than?
  11. satchmo shaz

satchmo shaz Active Member

there are only 3 bands in the second section now I believe, strata, Long Eaton and Leicester co op
  12. postie

postie Member

So that means Cit of Coventry and United Coop 2000 band have withdrawn.
  13. Keith Stanley James Lever

Keith Stanley James Lever Supporting Member

NEMBBA Contest at Derby

Just out of interest, has anyone any idea who is adjucating the contest this Sunday. KSJL.
  14. schilke

schilke New Member

south yorkshire police band are in 1st section also
  15. postie

postie Member

Yes it's Colin Hardy and Stan Lippeatt.
  16. Keith Stanley James Lever

Keith Stanley James Lever Supporting Member

Thanks Richard, your a gem.................. KSJL

United Co-op haven't, just spoken to a friend there!

AEHOWGATE Member

There are two Co-op bands in the 2nd Sec. are we getting mixed up between the two, United Co-op and Leicestershire Co-op?
  19. postie

postie Member

Definately a possibility that there is some confusion over which one has pulled out.
  20. BarneyEuph

BarneyEuph Member

Leicestershire Co-op definately there.. Unless someone has'nt told the band manager!!!!!!!! :D