NEMBBA Contest 22nd Feb Derby

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by IJK, Feb 6, 2009.

1. IJK

IJK Member

Here are the bands entered for the NEMBBA Contest on the 22nd Feb at the Rolls Royce Club in Derby

the contest starts at 11.30am

Fourth Section

Ireland Colliery Chesterfield
    Rolls Royce (Derby)
    Trentham Brass
    Newhall Band

Third Section

Bakewell Silver
    Crofton Silver
    Chapeltown Silver

second section

Long Eaton
    United Ccoop 200o Brass
    Barnsley Building
    Silk Brass
    Leicestershire Cooperative SMW

First Section

The Wigston Band
    Knottingley Silver

A great contest to warm up for the area Ireland are looking forward to it even if we dont have the full team there due to other commitments
  2. Keith Stanley James Lever

Keith Stanley James Lever Supporting Member

I was under the impression that Whitwell had entered in the Fourth Section, are they going or not. KSJ
  3. IJK

IJK Member

I was also Kev

But on the draw list of bands that NEMBBA sent this week they are not,
  4. barrytone

barrytone Member

First time at Derby, really looking forward to it!
  5. postie

postie Member

I find the fact that Whitwell aren't on the list of drawn bands very odd. Just spoken to our Contest Secretary who has confirmed that they are not their.
  6. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

Who are the adjudicators for this contest
  7. fretty

fretty Member

Speaking on behalf of Whitwell, we are intending to go and as far as I know, we have entered. Although I am not a member of the committee, I dont know if this problem has been sorted yet.
  8. postie

postie Member

Just the one adjudicator for the contest David Horsfield.
  9. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

Sadly I won't be there (working in the US - or actually flying back on that Sunday) but we have a more than capable replacement (OK - she's better than me!!). I'm looking forward to seeing our remarks, but I'm a little surprised than more bands haven't taken the opportunity to "run" Pentacle before the Area.
  10. BigHorn

BigHorn Active Member

Thats the problem - we don't want to 'run' pentacle. Now that we have the Butlins contest at the start of the year we begin working on the area piece a few weeks later than we used to. To be honest we havent got it worked up to contest standards yet. Its a pity beause its its a great contest at a great venue. It was also very useful in the build up to the area. It just seems to happen a couple of weeks too early these days. Good luck to your band though.
  11. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

I think bands used to go to the contest not all that long ago in 1st section but its a bit of false hope if you get in prizes play well build your hopes up for area contest and then sometimes play worse at area contest than this one.
  12. Baldeagle

Baldeagle Member

I agree with ypu Ian, its a great contest but would be even better if it was own choice.
  13. cherrybassett

cherrybassett Member

NEMBBA Derby

We're not going either due to insufficient rehearsal time as we attended Butlins as well. There isnt enough time physically to do xmas concert stuff, test piece for Butlins, and get the area test piece up to a playing standard for NEMBBA something has to give and unfortunately for us it is the NEMBBA contest.
  14. Val.M

Val.M Member

Any idea of what time each section starts? I know 4th section startsat 11.30. There doesn't seem to be any details anywhere, about this contest.
  15. postie

postie Member

No definate starts times for each section bar the 4th but the prizes for the 4th and 3rd section are handed out first. Problem with the hall is that it is quite small and couldn't get everyone in.
  16. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

Just want to wish all bands a great day's contesting at Derby.
  17. westburykid

westburykid Member

Any Results yet?

Good luck Silk in the 2nd section if you have not already played!
  18. 4th Section Results

1st Rolls Royce Derby 180 pts
    2nd Ireland Colliery 179 pts
    3rd Trentham Brass 178 pts

3rd Section

1st Crofton Silver 183 pts
    2nd Chapletown 182 pts .
    3rd Bakewell Silver 181 pts .

1 st section Cancelled . Both bands pulled out .
  19. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

2nd Section 1st Silk - 1872nd Barnsley (woo woo) - 186Shirland - 185
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2009
  20. westburykid

westburykid Member

well done silk.!